Sennheiser Portables
Mar 19, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #2 of 12
The pmx100 is a street style version of the px100. You wear the band behind your head, rather than have it rest on top. That's not to say the have the same sound. Headroom mentions that they sound similar, but it doesn't say they are the same. Also, there is only the frequency graph for the px100 posted and not the pmx100 on that site, so I can't tell you if they have the same sound. I prefer the traditional over the head design, because it is more forgiving for all head sizes.

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-he...er-pmx-100.php

I should also add that the px100 usually costs more than the pmx100. The px100 is listed at $59.95 whereas the pmx100 is listed as $49.95 on the Sennheiser USA website.

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it compare to the KSC-75?

PX100 bass is stronger and more prominent mids...from what I remember. Treble is where the PX100 went all wrong for me. Rolled-off, unatural and just plain bad with the new pair that I tried less than 2 months ago.

KSC75 are bright but not overly so for my taste. Amazingly good detail for this price.

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say that they are probably different, but only slightly because one is a bit more than the other.

LOL! Nice
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back