Sennheiser PC38X won't work with my Schiit stack, what's the best DAC with a mic input?
Jan 24, 2021 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrmonday

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered the PC38X as my new competitive gaming headset and I thought that I would be able to plug the audio line into my Schiit stack and the mic input into my motherboard, but apparently this causes a bunch of interference. So, it seems like the ModMic would have been the better solution. That said, I wouldn't mind just replacing the Modi if there was a nice DAC out there with a mic input. Any suggestions?

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 4
So I ordered the PC38X as my new competitive gaming headset and I thought that I would be able to plug the audio line into my Schiit stack and the mic input into my motherboard, but apparently this causes a bunch of interference. So, it seems like the ModMic would have been the better solution. That said, I wouldn't mind just replacing the Modi if there was a nice DAC out there with a mic input. Any suggestions?
I feed my PC38X with a Schiit Hel (2). Not just a "nice DAC with mic input" as you inquired about though. The sound is very good. I've received compliments on mic quality in Discord. I use Dolby Atmos for VSS, and I tweak the sound a little with Equalizer APO/Peace. I considered doing what you mentioned using my Jot 2, but decided on a one-box solution.

Pardon me if this is obvious, but did you set the Connector Retasking option in the Advanced Settings of the Realtek Audio Console software? Not sure if this would work, but it may be worth a try. My pc came with this software, but maybe all don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back