Sennheiser pc350 headset impressions
Jan 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ourfpshero

Headphoneus Supremus
i never found much info on these. i have tried a lower senn headset -pc150 - and was disgusted with its sound. however the pc350 used the hd595 drivers so it must be good....
anyway i finally got these at a great price and heres a few impressions.

nice packaging. headset is large- cups the size of the hd555/595 but closed back. will adjust out to fit very large heads. comfy and feels quality built. large mic stalk. mic works fantastic. the inline volume control is horrible- it doesnt turn the volume all the way down and should probably be bypassed someday
bigsmile_face.gif
a little isolating for a closed can but thats good for me as very isolating cans like the hd280 drive me nuts (ears feel plugged)

how does it sound? well kind of ok. mids are great, highs are present but not airy- kind of screechy. some bass but not a lot. using liberal eq settings some bass thump came in. hard to drive- sounds ok from an x-fi (which is about as strong as a cmoy) , terrible from a xonar (regular power soundcard). it is 150 ohms so thats expected. using a creek obh-11 amp made the cans sound screechier on the xonar or an mp3 player! x-fi to amp was ok tho.

in games the soundstage is ok but not great. bass explsions worked well enough with a decent thump, highs could be better. a steelsound 4h (my fave headset) has much better highs and soundstage.

the pc350 sounds exactly like a fresh hd215 if anybodys heard that (if my memory serves me)

overall this headset is better than most headSETS but way overpriced. if it was less than $100.00 i would call it a good buy (i got it much cheaper lol)

i will burn this in for a few days hopefully things will improve. if i get hd595 type sound i will be very happy

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 4
ok i gave it an overnight burn -in. the sound has improved much. less screechy by far. isolation has improved after wearing them a few hours

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #3 of 4
I purchased a pair of these back in april 08. Basically, even before reading this pc350 review, I was completely underwhelmed. AH-D2000 are way better seeing how I paid almost $300 bucks for the 350's back then. Funny how much the price on these has dropped. Imagine that...

Hope you have better luck with these than me.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 4
now at about the 50 hr mark. sound is ok. not as good as a senn hd555 or hd280 (i've had both) but close. great for a headSET but expensive. i give it a slight edge over an ultrasone hs-15 headset. the hs-15 is tiny tho but in the same price and sound quality range. the senn has a better mic tho.
this is probably the best 'gaming' headset under the 300$ beyerdynamic mmx-300, but at 150$ its still expensive. in argument against the beyer- u can only have so much bass while in teamspeak or vent b4 deep voiced dudes get unintelligable.

someday i will get brave enought to crack open the volume control and bypass it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back