Sennheiser PC350 and Live Streaming - what do I need to make that happen?
Nov 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Yatsuman

New Head-Fier
Hi community!

TL, DR
Modded Senn. PC350 on laptop's onboard realtek 7.1. Poor SQ and static on mic. Need the good mic for streaming. Short on cash. Solutions please?

Until yesterday, I only heard about audiophiles and wards like headphone amps and dac, I never heard of before. Since yestrday, I am a very proud owner of Sennheiser PC350! And I even did the Hero-Bassboost mod on it, just by myself! ENTER THE TWIST As I own only a laptop PC, I am forced to ejoy the modded headset on my onboard crappy Realtec ALC892, and I am aware I can't squeeze all the juice out of that headse, as I now know what that fancy "150 ohm impedance" actually mean. I also noticed some annoying static on both the mike and the headphones, so I credit that to the onboard audio. No static, if I connect the headset to my Logitec Z5500 control pod, however no mic with this option. I want the crisp and clear mic sound and the mind blowing soundstage for a gaming headset the modded PC350 provide (or at least something similar). So here's my question - what should a laptop user like me do (or. buy) in orther to get the full potential of the moded Senn. PC350? I will use the headset for watching movies, listening to some FLAC music, gaming and using the mic for my streaming sessions, when I play. Streaming with the current mic performance, will only result in loss of viewers, of which I have 5 :D
Unfortunately, I have limited amount of funds for this optimazation, so I'm looking for the best performance vs cost solution. I should also mention that it must be only a temporary one, but temporary might end up being even more than 12 months, since I became a father recently ^^

Thanks in advance for your help and advices!

Best regards,
Yatsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back