Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Review
Jun 4, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #31 of 78
looks pretty elegant imo. probably can't compete with my Beyers but hey, I'd recommend them to a n00b any day.
dt880smile.png

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #33 of 78
I'm pretty positive these will have the same drivers as 555/595's.  Same as the PC 350, but with and open design as opposed to a closed one.  I'm waiting to hear a good review from a Head-fier on the music quailty before I take the plunge.  So if anyone has these we would all love to hear your impressions!

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #35 of 78
hmmm, these headphones are "open". Does that mean that using them alot of sound will bleed out? also does it mean i will stilll hear everything around me i.e. in the room?

also it would be really nice if somebody from here had the headphones and gave their 2 cents, i dont really know about hardwareheaven so their review, no matter how great, doesnt mean much to me. The opinions of forum goers is usually more trustworthy. Also if anybody can suggest any other headsets, i'm looking generally for good sound, if its music i listen generally to hip-hop, rap, r & b, also for good sound during fps's  nice surround with good bass as well for explosions.

Also i went to asda and bought a temporary headset for £10 and wow. I think they might just be the most god awful thing ever created by man. The sound was just horrible when i was playing bad company 2 that i disconnected the headphone wire, left the microphone in, put the headphones around my neck and the mic to my mouth then plugged my in ear headphones into the pc so i could get some decent sound and still talk.

as ever any help will be appreciated, also suggestions would ideally be around the same price as the 360 game or of course cheaper. thanks

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #36 of 78

Quote:
hmmm, these headphones are "open". Does that mean that using them alot of sound will bleed out? also does it mean i will stilll hear everything around me i.e. in the room?

Yup and yup.

You might wanna look at the Beyer DT770 Pro 80ohm.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #38 of 78

Quote:

It's not always one or the other, but since they're marketed to towards gaming, you need at least some isolation, or else you start dealing with microphone echo and an inability to concentrate on more subtle details (i.e. footsteps).

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #39 of 78

Quote:
It's not always one or the other, but since they're marketed to towards gaming, you need at least some isolation, or else you start dealing with microphone echo and an inability to concentrate on more subtle details (i.e. footsteps).

Not necessarily. While it's true that an open headphone can isolate a fair amount, they will leak. If they don't leak, they aren't open. However, a set of headphones doesn't need to isolate to give you absolute resolution and convey details. Not everyone has a really noisy room.

And, yes, The DT770 is a very good gaming headphone. Good detail, good soundstage, and good bass. All you need is a zalman clip-on mic, and you're good to game.

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #41 of 78
The Auzentech Forte will be your best bet for a gaming soundcard :) 

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #42 of 78

Quote:
if i get the Dt770 pro whats the most elegant microphone solution

here... http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microphone-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone/dp/B00029MTMQ
I have it, works incredibly. Alot of people talk down on it, but honest to god it's roughly 2 to 3 times better than any microphone on a headset I've ever used. And I'm still new to head-fi, so roughly 10 years of headsets... About one every two months. I've tried them all, and this Zalman mic is awesome. Thing just sits on your cord and you don't even know it's there. It doesn't pick up outside noise much either, I haven't had a single person complain to me about the surrounding noise, and trust me, I have my TV and stereo going 24/7. I highly recommend this microphone. I got mine for $10, so see if you can find it cheaper on a site other than Amazon.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #43 of 78
Its so difficult trying to find a great headset/amp or even a headphone/mic/amp combo that allows voice chat control without utilizing the Astro Mixamp. I have one and Im not entirely impressed with it (but then again maybe Im not using the right headphones). There has to be something else out there.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #44 of 78
You probably aren't using the right headphone, or the Mixamp isn't powering them enough. As much as I love my Mixamp, I keep my Game/Voice knob at 100% Game (therefore not using a mic) to make my cans sing. At anything less than 50% (voice/game), My headphones sound weak, so I'd need another amp to help them be driven better.

With the right headphone, you can hear everything around you convincingly like true surround sound. Locating enemies is a breeze, and you feel totally immersed.

As for the Zalman, I effing hated it. It's omni directional so it pick ups any sound in the room. I happen to have a fan on, and it keeps my Zalman outputting sound the entire time. That and when i DO talk, I sound low and distant. You'd have to velcro the Zalman right on your face and have it right next to your mouth. Absolutely DESPISE it.

As for the DT770 Pros, REMEMBER, they are VERY bass heavy, so it can drown out other sounds, and aren't anywhere near as clear as the AD700s, K701s or less bassy headphones.. They don't make the best multiplayer headphones. They do everything else right.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #45 of 78
Im using the HPA2 right now which is probably not the best headset. I will have to look into another headset but for now I will probably hook up the FiiO E5 when I get it to hopefully make it sound better.  As far as the PS3 goes I will probably experiment with the TB DSS and the PX21 since it was made specifically for the PS3. I would like to go another route another than the Mix Amp if possible and the voice chat on the PS3 is a little tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back