Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Review
May 4, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #18 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gorgeous. Does anyone know of a way to use 3,5 mm inputs on a PS3? Or am I stuck with USB?

I use the Astro MixAmp with my PC350s to get both game audio and chat. Works great for me.

May 4, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkntz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the Astro MixAmp with my PC350s to get both game audio and chat. Works great for me.

Yeah goin for that.

May 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #21 of 78
Just received a newsletter from microdirect.co.uk.
They've started selling them at £156 (or roughly $230)

A bit steep but ordered a pair anyway. Got Auzentech x-meridian 7.1 to hook them up to, so hoping for nice results

May 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #22 of 78
I figured they would be in the $200+ range.  I am interested to see them compared to the 555/595 for music.  If you can compare them at all that would be awesome.  I am waiting on some more reviews before I take the plunge. Congrats on the purchase BTW!

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #24 of 78
i'm a little confused, and im thinking of buying these... are they 5.1 surround headsets? because thats the main reason why i'm in the market for headsets as my headphones just doesnt seem to be good enough when it comes to spacial awareness like knowing which direction i can hear bullets or gunshots from, any help would be appreciated. thanks

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #25 of 78
Most people don't use 5.1, because on the PC you can use Dolby Headphone or Creative CMSS and on a console you can use a MixAmp. 5.1 is totally unecessary.

Quote:
i'm a little confused, and im thinking of buying these... are they 5.1 surround headsets? because thats the main reason why i'm in the market for headsets as my headphones just doesnt seem to be good enough when it comes to spacial awareness like knowing which direction i can hear bullets or gunshots from, any help would be appreciated. thanks

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #26 of 78
Yeah, a decent pair of stereo headphones with something like Dolby Headphone will almost ALWAYS beat out true 5.1 speaker headphones, even in creating a surround sound experience.

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #27 of 78
so virtual surround is better than the headphones claiming 5.1 surround? will it still be good at, for example, picking out which direction gunshots are coming from? thanks for the answers btw

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #28 of 78
Very much so. With virtual surround, it'll actually sound like you're enveloped in a 360 degree soundfield. With a decent pair of headphones, you'll be able to locate sounds with ease, no matter where they are coming from. Depth and clarity is up to your actual headphones and equipment, but you'll at least get the most important part, which is mainly the actual directional audio cues.

With a true 5.1 headphone, you'll have to rely on the speakers themselves to get directional audio, and you'll be able to notice gaps in the sound as it jumps from one speaker to another. It really pales in comparison to a great stereo--->virtual surround setup.

Believe me, with the proper headphone, you'll be amazed at how awesome virtual surround is. The two main headphones I use for gaming (on my sig) EXCEL at virtual surround. It's actually my biggest requirement when I bought my headphones. I have gone through MANY headphones in the past 6 months, and finally found a combo that is amazing for gaming. The DT770 Pros are actually a little bit better than the 701s when it comes to surround sound positional audio, but the K701 is clearer and more spacious. Pick your poison, really.

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #29 of 78
Haha, I'll second everything MLE jsut said. Maybe it changes with super-high-end surround headphones, but in my experience, virtual trumps "real" every time. I've just recently gotten speakers, which have offered something totally different, and I don't think headphones can begin to compare with virtual surround on stereo speakers. Now, I haven't tried a good set of 5.1 speakers, so maybe it really does get better, but I'm satisfied for now....especially since I've been doing way more music and RTS's than movies and FPS's, lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back