Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Review
May 3, 2010 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Sambones

500+ Head-Fier
Hardware Heaven just posted an absolutely glowing review of Sennheiser's much anticipated (by me, at least) addition to their G4ME lineup, this morning. Now, mind you, they're used to dealing with your typical gaming headsets, so the oozing enthusiasm is to be taken with a grain of salt, but they do have thorough unboxing photos.

As for my impressions of said photos, blegh! Couldn't they have used an open-back version of the PC 350's frame? I mean, that one looked great, and it was about as portable as full-size, boom-mic-toting headsets come. This one, though, looks very...unremarkable. There's nothing other than the mic to distinguish it from every one else's designs. The sound might be a bit more pleasing, and the open design might help with the "out-of-head" imaging, but it seems to be missing almost all of the "sexiness" of the PC 350.

May 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 78
Gorgeous. Does anyone know of a way to use 3,5 mm inputs on a PS3? Or am I stuck with USB?

May 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 78
Use a USB DAC? You can get a decent one from Hotaudio for $60. There's a wide variety of options.

And you think that's "gorgeous", really? ;p, I think it looks kinda cheap.

May 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use a USB DAC? You can get a decent one from Hotaudio for $60. There's a wide variety of options.

And you think that's "gorgeous", really? ;p, I think it looks kinda cheap.

yeah but the no mic... Guess ill ahve to use a bluetooth mic. Anyone know of a cheap optical DAC or r u sure you can send audio through USB on the ps3?

May 3, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 78
Thing is i already have the official sony bluetooth headset. So if i can use that as a standalone mic standing on my desk or something, and then a USB or optical DAC for the headset. Would it work?

May 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 78
Probably, only you wouldn't be getting the utility out of the headset, and you might as well continue using your own headphones.

However, occasionally, Sennheiser has run promotions where they include their headset USB adapter for free on the upper tier offerings. Meanwhile you can get that for Like $50, but at that point you might as well go for the Creative offering....or just do what you described and not buy the 360 ;j

May 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably, only you wouldn't be getting the utility out of the headset, and you might as well continue using your own headphones.

However, occasionally, Sennheiser has run promotions where they include their headset USB adapter for free on the upper tier offerings. Meanwhile you can get that for Like $50, but at that point you might as well go for the Creative offering....or just do what you described and not buy the 360 ;j

Yeah... prolly wont beat the ad700 anyways. I'llg et that instead.

May 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Musiland Lilo V Joy has a mic input and headphone output (the Lilo V Enjoy has 7.1 output).

thx ill check it out

May 4, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 78
Hey, that sounds pretty awesome. It seems that Sennheiser is the only "audiophile" company that gives any attention to consumer/prosumer-level communications gear, such as headsets, so it's good to see that someone thought to include a mic input on their DAC, without it being designed for studio use.

May 4, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #12 of 78
Beyerdynamic have some too but they don't seems to promote them as much.

May 4, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #13 of 78
Well, I think Beyerdynamic has more of a pro-audio and pro-com focus, whereas Sennheiser is also targeting the personal equipment market.

Psst, you notice how almost nobody has the MMX 300, whereas a lot of people have the PC 350? It's because Sennheiser promotes them more...and because they're cheaper, but that's beside the point.

May 4, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #14 of 78
Well, it's open-back, so at least people won't have to drill holes to get decent bass. Pretty steep price, though.

May 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 78
Yeah, well, Sennheiser always artificially inflates the price, and then every store that stocks them will have them "on sale" forever. Kinda like how the HD280's are always $100, even with an MSRP of $200, or how the PC 350 was usually in the $100 to $130 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back