Sennheiser PC 360 & 363D w/ Astro Mixamp
Nov 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BRicci

New Head-Fier
(I know this is computer audio, but this seemed to be the best forum for my question)

Okay, so I'm looking for a new gaming headset for console to use with the Astro Mixamp, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the PC 360 and 363D.
Now, the only thing that has me considering the 363Ds is the Dolby Digital surround support.  So, my question is will I lose the Dolby Digital support if I don't use (can't use) the USB sound card that's included?  Because if that's the case, I'll go with the cheaper PC 360s.

Thanks for any help.

Also, if you have any other recommendations for a headset to be used with the Astro Mixamp, that would be fine.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 5
  (I know this is computer audio, but this seemed to be the best forum for my question)
Okay, so I'm looking for a new gaming headset for console to use with the Astro Mixamp, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the PC 360 and 363D.
Now, the only thing that has me considering the 363Ds is the Dolby Digital surround support.  So, my question is will I lose the Dolby Digital support if I don't use (can't use) the USB sound card that's included?  Because if that's the case, I'll go with the cheaper PC 360s.
Thanks for any help.
Also, if you have any other recommendations for a headset to be used with the Astro Mixamp, that would be fine.

As you already have the Astro Mix-amp, can't see a good reason for getting the PC363D
The 363D's USB sound card seems to do the same Dolby Headphone as the Mix-amp.
If you have no need for a mic, or want to buy a separate add-on mic, you can get the Sennheiser HD558s ($130) headphones.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply.

And I want a built in microphone.. So, you're saying I'll still get the Dolby Digital surround with the PC 360s? That does make sense, but just making sure.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply.

And I want a built in microphone.. So, you're saying I'll still get the Dolby Digital surround with the PC 360s? That does make sense, but just making sure.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the line-in (mic in) on the Astro,
if it matches with the mic jack of the PC360?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back