Sennheiser MXs: the best under $30
May 24, 2012 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Larryes

New Head-Fier
Hello, everyone!

I'm choosing new headphones to replace my good old Nokia HS-47. Since I don't have a ultra quality sound source (Nokia 5220 XpressMusic is my player
smily_headphones1.gif
), I've decided not to buy top-notch headphones. The range of choice is pretty narrow in my country (no Yuin, no HiSound Ausio, etc.), so I'm actually limited by Sennheiser's MX line. The problem is I have no idea, which of these would be the best purchase for me:

- Sennheiser MX 371
- Sennheiser MX 470
- Sennheiser MX 471
- Sennheiser MX 580
- Sennheiser MX 581

I prefer indie music, so it seems that I should choose the most balanced one. But which one? Tell your opinion, please.

May 28, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 10
The MX580 seems to have been discontinued and is getting harder to find. It seems like there is no replacement for it. The MX580 was great, except for the built in volume control. It is a pity that high quality traditional earbuds are disappearing. An IEM isn't suitable in all situations. High quality low cost compact open headphones also seem to be disappearing. Manufacturers seem focused on closed designs for their new models. While sometimes closed models are good to use, at other times they are dangerous to use.

May 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
The MX580 seems to have been discontinued and is getting harder to find. It seems like there is no replacement for it. The MX580 was great, except for the built in volume control. It is a pity that high quality traditional earbuds are disappearing. An IEM isn't suitable in all situations. High quality low cost compact open headphones also seem to be disappearing. Manufacturers seem focused on closed designs for their new models. While sometimes closed models are good to use, at other times they are dangerous to use.

I have a pair of custom earphones yet I almost always use a pair of traditional earbuds when I'm walking around. The isolation a pair of custom earphones provides is actually a disadvantage in certain situations.

May 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 10
Ir may be very hard to find the MX580 for under $30 now.

May 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 10
For $24 grab it while you can. In the US on Amazon it is now $38. I paid $23 for mine several months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back