Sennheiser MX985 Review: Relive the Experience
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #16 of 24
How are these compared to pk1 and blox earbuds?

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 24
I have the pk1 and mx985. just got the 985 last night. This is very very early and will dedicated more time to compare objectively but just the features that stood out for each: soundwise: soundstage for pk1, separation - mx 985, build-wise: mx985 feels really solid, pk1 is easier to forget it's on since it's lighter considerably

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #18 of 24
Guys, any updates or new impressions on these?? These seem quite intriguing… never heard high quality earbuds 

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #19 of 24
Great review blazer! The MX985 is easily one of my favorite buds. I hope Sennheiser doesn't abandon this segment.

Guys, any updates or new impressions on these?? These seem quite intriguing… never heard high quality earbuds 

If you're even remotely interested in a warm, full-bodied, nicely-detailed earbud with an enveloping soundstage, and aesthetics and build to match its impressive sound quality, the MX985 is worth an audition.

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #20 of 24
Great review blazer! The MX985 is easily one of my favorite buds. I hope Sennheiser doesn't abandon this segment.

I sure hope not either. But my prediction is that they will abandon the high end line (actually just one product now and not a line per se lol) of earbuds and just focus on the mainstream line where it might be slightly better from a cost recovery perspective. But we are seeing new releases of earbuds from the major manufacturers declining significantly compared to a decade ago, luckily there are new market players that are willing to fill this gap.

At least we saw some innovation in earbuds from Apple
ksc75smile.gif
earpods.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #21 of 24
hi guys, im about to buy this for half the price. is it worth it? i cant find much review about this on the internet. please give me some advice. i was torn on either buying this or marshall major ii.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #22 of 24
Is it possible you could tell me or pm me from where you were able to get for half the price?

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 24
Hello all - just wondering where US buyers can get these from. I don't see an easy way to buy these, and given the abundance of fakes, I'd like to get it from somewhere that I can trust to not be fake. Thanks in advance -

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #24 of 24
Unfortunately, it seems that Sennheiser has indeed abandoned the high-end ear bud segment (along with other manufacturers). This model was out for less than a year before it was pulled from the market and it's a real shame because they are the best ear buds I have ever owned. I previously used the MX980s and while they were (and are) a great pair of earbuds, the MX985s offered a more refined style and function. I don't like inner ear phones, I'll never get comfortable with them, so a good quality ear bud is my only option.

I purchased an extra set of these recently, just so I would have a backup pair if my current pair ever get damaged or lost. I'm going to start hoarding these since it doesn't look like we'll be getting MX990s!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back