Sennheiser MX Series
Mar 30, 2008 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ben7337

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, my Yuin PK3's recently broke, sort of, all the bass is gone in the right earbud so I had to give up on it. However I got so used to the j cord that my pk3's had and now am having trouble with the sony 828's that I used as temp replacements until I can get one of the new Yuin OK3's. Anyway I recently noticed today someone recommending the Sennheiser MX500 earbuds and noticed they were nice and cheap at $10, but it seems that they are also discontinued and Sennheiser has the new MX460, 560, 660, and 760 with some basswind system which I am not seeing on the MX500's so I was wondering if the basswind system makes is a nuisance or a pain and also if these earbuds are j cord or not. I heard that the mx500's are, though I am not 100% sure and am totally unsure about the newer Sennheiser models on that aspect. Therefore I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these earbuds and has an opinion on them as I would really appreciate some input asap.

Mar 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben7337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, my Yuin PK3's recently broke, sort of, all the bass is gone in the right earbud so I had to give up on it. However I got so used to the j cord that my pk3's had and now am having trouble with the sony 828's that I used as temp replacements until I can get one of the new Yuin OK3's. Anyway I recently noticed today someone recommending the Sennheiser MX500 earbuds and noticed they were nice and cheap at $10, but it seems that they are also discontinued and Sennheiser has the new MX460, 560, 660, and 760 with some basswind system which I am not seeing on the MX500's so I was wondering if the basswind system makes is a nuisance or a pain and also if these earbuds are j cord or not. I heard that the mx500's are, though I am not 100% sure and am totally unsure about the newer Sennheiser models on that aspect. Therefore I was wondering if anyone has tried any of these earbuds and has an opinion on them as I would really appreciate some input asap.

I have owned MX 500 for some time. it is decent as an earbud. It's very good for classical, though the lack of bass might make it a bad choice for some music. You can get MX500 from Amazon for very good price.

I never tried any of the newer MX models so I can't give you any information regarding the basswind system.

Mar 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 6
well last night I went with the MX660 as it seemed to make sense, though I feel I will always wonder about the quality of the 500, either way I figure things should work out, I just hope the 660 is a j cord and/or that the ok3 comes out soon (it isn't a j cord but the cord is longer than the j cord for the pk3 so I figure a bit of taping to make one of the cables shorter should do the trick nicely.

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah I got them about a week ago, though I am not much of an audiophile to review them and have very little to compare to.

My general impression is that the cable is nice and long, not insanely long but just a bit longer than any other earbuds I used, which made it just long enough to wrap up one of the earbud cables and for a j-cord.

On the sound level the MX 660's are somewhat lacking in bass compared to the pk3's, and I believe that they have a slightly more detailed sound quality than the Sony 828 earbuds that I was using before as temps.

Overall they are decent for the price if you are just looking for okay earbuds, but most people here would peobably rather pay more for the yuin pk3 or ok3, even I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back