Sennheiser MX 475 vs 585 (and question about HD239)
Nov 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DasItMane

New Head-Fier
Hello,

My MX375 broke today. So im looking for a replacement. I did like them quite a bit except the sound quality could be better (but what do you expect for cheap ears 
tongue.gif
)

So i have been looking around, basicly my options are MX375, MX475 or MX585. What one is the best? Are the 585 worth double the money of the 375? I basicly listen to all music genres.

And then another question. I bought two HD329's. I totaly loved them, the sound quality is great, they fit great and can listen to them for hours. But the thing is the audio jack is really vunreable and has broke on both headphones 
frown.gif
 I havent yet found any comparable headphones. Does anyone know any simular headphones with better audio jacks? Thanks!

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello! Welcome to Head-Fi!

I haven't tried the MX585, but I do own the MX375 and MX475. I think both are excellent for the price with the MX475 being a bit better, but the sound signature between the two earbuds is quite a bit different. The MX375 has more warmth and bass, while the MX475 is leaner and more articulate with a more neutral response.

If the HD239s are under warranty, I would try to get them replaced, but you could also look at the PX95 if you want a warm sounding, open-backed on-ear. It has a well-relieved right-angle jack that should be much more durable.

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 8
Hello! Welcome to Head-Fi!

I haven't tried the MX585, but I do own the MX375 and MX475. I think both are excellent for the price with the MX475 being a bit better, but the sound signature between the two earbuds is quite a bit different. The MX375 has more warmth and bass, while the MX475 is leaner and more articulate with a more neutral response.

If the HD239s are under warranty, I would try to get them replaced, but you could also look at the PX95 if you want a warm sounding, open-backed on-ear. It has a well-relieved right-angle jack that should be much more durable.

thanks!

I guess what could be better in the MX375 is the warmth of the sound. But i dont know if you can get that from any ear phones (like the HD239 had, that was the perfect sound 
tongue.gif
)

Is the PX95 much of a down grade in sound quality (since its quite a lot cheaper)? Or i could get a PX95 instead of the MX475 of MX575. How would they compare?

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 8
I think you'd have to go with something like the MX985 (which unfortunately is discontinued) to get the sound you're looking for in an earbud.

I haven't tried the HD239 so I can't say whether the PX95 would be a downgrade. I believe the HD239, PX95, and PX100-II use the same drivers, so the differences between them are likely in the housings and earpads.

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 8
I think you'd have to go with something like the MX985 (which unfortunately is discontinued) to get the sound you're looking for in an earbud.

I haven't tried the HD239 so I can't say whether the PX95 would be a downgrade. I believe the HD239, PX95, and PX100-II use the same drivers, so the differences between them are likely in the housings and earpads.

I just orderd a PX 95, they sound arrive any moment 
biggrin.gif

i was just basicly looking for a cheap headphone with decent sound quality (but i dont like in ear earbuds and over ear headphones). So that didnt leave many options. Not sure if the PX 95 is the best option but i like the fact that the audio jack in angled. 

edit: they just arived 
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Wow, that was quick!
eek.gif
I wish I had access to shipping that fast.

What are your thoughts on them so far?

I do like the way they fit. And sound quality is quite nice. But there is way too much base IMO. I would have liked more emphathis of the vocal range especialy with punk/pop. But im not sure if that is me having to get used to more base, comming from cheap ears and laptop quality speakers.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 8
I do think that the presentation of the bass in the PX95 and the laid-back nature of the mids may come as a bit of a shock coming from earbuds with a more forward sound image. Listen for a bit longer and you should become acclimated to the smoother, more relaxed sound.

Just out of curiosity, did you find the HD239 to have less bass? I'm wondering if some changes (upgrades?) were made from the HD238 since those were also on the bassy side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back