Sennheiser MTWS 3 Keeps Breaking
Aug 31, 2022 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FrZ-Fi

Head-Fier
Apologies if I posted in the wrong section.

I've had three pairs of Sennheiser Momentum TWS 3's since May and they've all broken the same way after 1-2 months of normal use.

For some reason, the right Earbud volume will become lower and lower over time compared with the left one until eventually I will hear crackling noise from the right bud too.

All I have used them for is streaming music from my Pixel 6 Pro through YouTube music app.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

Aug 31, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 2
I've had three pairs of Sennheiser Momentum TWS 3's since May and they've all broken the same way after 1-2 months of normal use. For some reason, the right Earbud volume will become lower and lower over time compared with the left one until eventually I will hear crackling noise from the right bud too.
I am definetely not the biggest TWS expert out there, but here are my best guesses what happens:
  • all of your units were from a single defective batch/ batches that all were defective
  • problems with the right bud might be caused by how usually TWS buds work (not sure if Momentum 3 work that way), that one is "master bud" that connects to your phone and the other one then connects to the "master bud"; maybe right bud is a "non-master bud" and struggles with keeping stable connection to the "master bud"
  • another theory - malfunctioning software makes a right bud work not properly. Good news (if it was true) would be that this kind of problem will be fixed with a firmware update and the whole issue is a typical thing with a relatively new product.
Sadly, it seems that there is nothing that can be done at this moment. I find it awful that a very premium-priced TWS buds are that defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back