Sennheiser Momentum vs UE Triple fi 10
Apr 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aaecharry

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So I currently have a pair of UE Triple fi and I absolutely love them. I'm thinking of getting a full size headphone for a change, and the Sennheiser Momentum over-ear just looks stunning. It has some good reviews too.

I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with both of them and can offer some comparison notes. I don't want to spend the money on Momentum only to keep going back to my Triple fi later on.

I know the Triple fi is out of production now, so please it would be great if you only comment if you have tried it or at least IEMs from other manufacturers on the same product tier.

Thanks!

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 15
  Hi guys,

So I currently have a pair of UE Triple fi and I absolutely love them. I'm thinking of getting a full size headphone for a change, and the Sennheiser Momentum over-ear just looks stunning. It has some good reviews too.

I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with both of them and can offer some comparison notes. I don't want to spend the money on Momentum only to keep going back to my Triple fi later on.

I know the Triple fi is out of production now, so please it would be great if you only comment if you have tried it or at least IEMs from other manufacturers on the same product tier.

Thanks!

The Momentum gives you a lot more boom from the bass.  Boom, boom...did the bass just overpower the mids?  Yes it did.

I think the signature of the TF10 is more balanced...YMMV.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 15
Thanks for the reply! 

Bass overpower the mids, I don't like the sound of that. Part of the reason TF10 works for me is that it allows me to heard every little detail across the spectrum. 

Do you think a rockboxed player can overcome some of the overpowering bass from Momentum?

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 15
  Thanks for the reply! 

Bass overpower the mids, I don't like the sound of that. Part of the reason TF10 works for me is that it allows me to heard every little detail across the spectrum. 

Do you think a rockboxed player can overcome some of the overpowering bass from Momentum?

I would still have my TF10s if not for the weird fit.  I absolutely love the sound signature...and every time I see one for sale in the sales forum I'm tempted to buy it.

I really tried to like the Momentum because it looks stunning -- unfortunately, it just has too much bass for my tastes.  Not only that...the mids and the highs play well together, but the bass seems out of place in that sound signature.   Everything seems to be sounding good - even the bass - when suddenly you hear BOOM...BOOM.

If you are a basshead you might like what the Momentum has to offer. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 15
A TF10 owner might like the signature of the DT1350.  If you want to try that model be prepared to have your head in a vice (I can only stand to use them for an hour or so before I need to take a rest).

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 15
Cool I've heard a lot about the DT1350, a solid gear to have. I'm just a little concerned about the sealing since its an on-ear. Whats your take on its noise isolation? Close to the TF10 will do.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 15
  Cool I've heard a lot about the DT1350, a solid gear to have. I'm just a little concerned about the sealing since its an on-ear. Whats your take on its noise isolation? Close to the TF10 will do.

It has about the same amount of isolation.   The DT1350 isolates better than the Momentum. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 15
I have the DT-1350 use them for jogging. They are comfortable and isolate noise very well. I love the balanced sound quality - bass is not emphasized but is there when you need it.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 15
I think you'd be better off with the HD25 unless you want a bass light headphone. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 15
  Im surprised at that! I always though over ear is inherently better than on ear.

Not when the on ear has a vice-grip on you head.  If you sneeze while wearing the DT1350 your brains might come out of your nose...gotta be careful. 
smile.gif

Some people have reported improved comfort after stretching the headband.  I have not bothered with this since they are not my main headphone -- I only use them for short periods of time or when I need isolation.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #12 of 15
  I think you'd be better off with the HD25 unless you want a bass light headphone. 

The DT1350 are not bass light.  You are not the first one making this claim...I don't know what to think.   Perhaps you listened to a bad pair or you did not get a good fit.   My DT1350 has more bass than the HD25 I used to own.  The 1350 also has a good amount of sub-bass (the HD25 was all about the mid bass).

On the other hand, the HD25 is also a great headphone.  I prefer the signature of the Beyerdynamic though (I like lots of sub-bass).

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 15
The Beyers more bassy than the HD25 
confused.gif
. I goot a good seal with the beyers but the bass was still a little light whereas the HD25 were somewhat heavy on the bass. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 15
  The Beyers more bassy than the HD25 
confused.gif
. I goot a good seal with the beyers but the bass was still a little light whereas the HD25 were somewhat heavy on the bass. 

The HD25 had more mid-bass, but it was almost completely lacking in sub-bass.  The DT1350 has a reasonable amount of mid-bass and an insane amount of sub-bass.   This is what I'm hearing now (I put on the DT1350 a couple of posts back), but I don't have the HD25 to compare them head-to-head. 

The HD25's bass does sound more similar to what the TF10 produces.  The highs of the DT1350 are more similar to the TF10s.

Apr 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 15
Oh well, both are nice headphones. Personally I think the OP will like the HD25 more, but that's just my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back