Sennheiser Momentum VS Sennheiser MM550-X
Nov 23, 2013 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fluffy Kittens

New Head-Fier
Christmas is coming up and I don't know what to get. I have read reviews for each headphone and can't decide. I love the looks of the Momentum and love the features of the MM550. I mainly care about sound quality. I consider myself a semi-audiophile. I have more taste than normal consumers yet don't know every single type of diaphragm for headphones.
tongue_smile.gif

I listen primarily to EDM and also like some alternative. I currently have Sennheiser HD-280's and would like a bit more punch and practicality. It would also be nice if they could convince my brother that Beats are rubbish, 
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks in advance!

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Ok, very hard decision my friend,

The momentum are just about the best music headphones, they really bring your music to live with great mids and lows and perfect base for my taste, not booming like dr.beats etc just perfectly present. Confortable fit.

Now, the mm550's are fully packed with technologies, Bluetooth, noise cancelling, srs etc. Of course no wires is great, noise cancelling works good except it cancels about 70% of the base (can go around this by cranking the volume and using srs which brings back some base) , music under blutooth as good as wired, very nice sounding, mids a bit flat but very good anyhow. Also the volume maximum is not what your use too in that price range. at first Ithought of returning them finding I could not pump up the volume as high as my monentum. But after some getting use to them, I very happy and learned that sound is great without that need to listen to high volume all the time. Very confortable fit.

So if you want a pair of headphones mostly for music listening - Momentums are a great choice.

If you want headphones with great technologies, portability and still very good sounding headphones, go with the mm 550's.

I'm lucky enough to own both and enjoy them equally depending of my needs for the day. But again if it's mainly to enjoy your music, the momentums will make you very very very happy.

Good luck, can't go wrong with any of them

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for answering.

Santa, AKA my parents, ordered the Momentum for Christmas.

I do have one question. Is the cable that connects the earcups to the headband fragile? I'm worried that it will shear if it gets snagged on something.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #6 of 8
I would say they are quality cables and not fragile at all but they are cables not steel wires. I don't know now, but back when I bought mine, there was 2 canles, 1 with a volume & backward / forward control and one straight with no control. Good choice and I'm sure you will enjoy them greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back