Sennheiser momentum vs Sennheiser hd 598
Jan 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nirki98

New Head-Fier
I want to have the best headphones ever for hearing rock, metal, classic music and jazz and i found the sennheiser momentu, and the sennheiser hd598 as a good headphones for this, and i am working on music in comuter also and here TONS of music.
what do you people know about the adventeges and disadventeges of those headphones? are they good for what i am looking for?
talk only about what you know about them, i want to know every little detail that is adventage or disadventage.
thanks for help!!!

k701smile.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Do you need the headphone to be portable or have isolations? Budget allowed is also a good start.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 10
350$ is my maximum. i found these two headphones to be realy good for my needs thats why i ask about them. and after all i need to take them to school and work there on some music in computers so i think it should be portable

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 10
To my ears the HD598 beats the Momentum mostly with tighter bass and more airy sound. The HD598 is open back so leakage is a problem if you are going to use it in public place, where the Momentum will be a better choice if you are going spend more time outside your home than inside.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 10
What means "airy sound"?
how the tighter bass is helping to the quality of the sound in those headphones?
what means the open back in headphones?
sorry for that but my knowledge is focusing on music mostly and not on headphones, i try to learn :)
oh, and what is more comfortable? where can i feel more the bass? what is means leakage and how it comes together with the sound outside? what will be better to use in ipod and computer when i make music?

sorry again f or all those questions 
k701smile.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 10
What means "airy sound"? - more natural sounding not a boxed-in sound or echo sound
how the tighter bass is helping to the quality of the sound in those headphones? yes, as it doesn't drown out the midrange (if you listen to regular genres the is were all the music is, example: human voices and some instruments)
what means the open back in headphones? the back of the headphone is open so it will leak sound(people will hear your music) but gives a more natural sound and depending on the driver will affect the bass quantity ,usually for home use, also open back tend to be lighter 
sorry for that but my knowledge is focusing on music mostly and not on headphones, i try to learn :)
oh, and what is more comfortable? Velour pads
where can i feel more the bass? depending on how much bass your are used to then some open back will give you that, closed are usually recommended for serious bass impact 
what is means leakage and how it comes together with the sound outside? depending on the volume sound can be hear from the outside , so open headphone leak more, and closed leak too if the volume is too high or isolation isn't good 
what will be better to use in ipod and computer when i make music? make music as in produce? if that is so a few options are: studio monitors headphones, a headphone with low impedance range(easier to drive), also an amp/dac can be considered in the future

read this and it will help you describe sounds better 
http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #10 of 10
There are so many good headphones out there why waste it on those two. The momentum are awful, so congested with no dynamics.the 598 are thin, boring with no engagement.

Look into
HD650
Denon D2000
Beyerdynamic DT770
HE400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back