Sennheiser Momentum vs. NAD Viso HP-50
Aug 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #17 of 22
I do not think you will have any of the comfort issues with the HP 50 that you had with those other headphones. I think the headphone is a great all-around headphone. My issues with it was that it made me look like a dork, its plastic and creaky construction, and its hollow and airy midrange, which I might be overreacting to, I haven't heard it lately.

But without doubt, for my ears, the Momentum was better.

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #21 of 22
Hi-

I currently have the Momentums and like them quite a bit for music (mosty out of my Fiio X5 and my HTC One M8), but I also use them a fair bit for gaming. I sold my Sennheiser HD598s, which I liked quite a bit because I needed more isolation, and I couldn't afford to keep both. I miss the soundstage of the 598s, and find the Momentums a bit lacking for gaming. 

I hear the Nads have a larger soundstage than the Momentums, which would indicate they'd be better for gaming. Has anyone directly compared them? I understand that closed cans are typically not as good as open cans, but I've read the Nads are quite good for gaming, especially for a closed set. If the Nads aren't a big upgrade for gaming, I'll just hold out and get a good pair of open cans.

I've seen MadLustEnvy's thread (which is great, by the way), but he doesn't review either of these two excellent cans. 

Any insight the group can provide is appreciated. 

Also, if anyone has any comfort concerns about the Momentums, and find they're "stuck" with them, I know of two simple mods that can help. 

Thanks,
Shuto

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #22 of 22
Comparing these two headphones comes down to comfort and quality of soundstage/bass.  I bought the two at the same time.  I've owned several Sennheisers w/mods and they are certainly well-designed with comfort and ergonomics ranking very high.  The Momentums IMO, are easier to wear and just look cooler. However, the Viso HP50s excell with a rich bass extension and lush soundstage. That sound will pull an extra 100 clams from your wallet.  I've kept the Viso and loaned my Momentums.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back