sennheiser momentum vs bose ae2
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jjdabom

New Head-Fier
Ive noticed that a lot of people on here hate bose. I have the Ae2 and love them but am looking to upgrade. I have decided that the momentum would be the best fit for me. My main question is if the momentums are significantly better than the bose. Is the difference in quality so significant as to justify getting the momentums. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 17
Ive noticed that a lot of people on here hate bose.

Most audio equipment aficionados in general don't like Bose, not just here. Bose makes good ANC headphones. But for regular headphones and speakers, there's typically much better SQ for the money. Most regular people don't know that, though, because they buy because of Bose's extensive marketing.

My main question is if the momentums are significantly better than the bose. Is the difference in quality so significant as to justify getting the momentums. 

Are you looking at the Momentum on ear or over ear? And if the over ear, the new or older model? (they just came out with a new one)

I have not heard the AE2s, so I don't know how good they are. That being said, whether or not an improvement in audio quality justifies price is really dependent on the individual because we all assign different expectation values to spending more money.

Your best bet is to get out and listen to some headphones. Could be the Momentums are the headphone for you. Could be a different type of sound signature would be better.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 17
They would be the around ear. And can you send me a link to the new model? I didnt know there was another. oh the new model is just wireless. No id be getting the old model. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 17
They would be the around ear. And can you send me a link to the new model? I didnt know there was another. oh the new model is just wireless. No id be getting the old model. 

I've only started hearing people mention the new model in the last few weeks. You'll have to google to find out more.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 17
for 350 dollars I could get a nicer set of headphones but I would need an amp and dac for those

Why would you need a DAC and amp? That would depend on what you are listening to them with. The Momentum M2s are rated 113dB (1 kHz/1 Vrms), so they shouldn't be terribly difficult to drive in terms of amplifier power needs. They do have an impedance rating of 18 ohms, which means some devices might not have an optimum low impedance output.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 17
  no i mean for 350 i could buy a better set of headphones that would require an amp. I know the momentums dont need it.

I highly recommend you check out MacedonianHero list of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around. He ranks the Momentum 2.0 has his number 1 closed back/portable headphone he's ever listened to. Just scroll down to the bottom to see his rankings. Also, you can see what he has to say about them in his UPDATE #15. He compares them to his original Momentum's, there's definitely an improvement in sound. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #13 of 17
Sorry, I completely forgot to link it. It's right here- http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-25-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around 
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back