Sennheiser Momentum TW
Mar 31, 2019 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

briant4pres

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone know how to force Aptx on Android? For some reason there is no option to select "prefer best sound quality" at the bluetooth connection page so it automates to aac. Need to go into developer options everytime and select aptx when I reconnect to BT.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 4
Anyone know how to force Aptx on Android? For some reason there is no option to select "prefer best sound quality" at the bluetooth connection page so it automates to aac. Need to go into developer options everytime and select aptx when I reconnect to BT.

I have the same issue with my LG V20. It defaults to AAC for anything less than AptX HD. I've found no solution.

Aug 25, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 4
AAC is a significantly better codec than aptX even at a lower bitrate.

You'll have to explain that.
Both SBC and AptX offer higher bitrate transmissions. 328kbps and 352kbps vs AAC at 250kbps. In the early days cira 2001 AAC was found to have good compression algorithms for low bit rate content 56kbps-128kbps but once it got to around 192kbps the benefits started to drop off quick. If I can't have Aptx I'd much rather have SBC. AAC may provide better battery life but I'll stop there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back