• Screenshot_20240325-063756_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240325-063756_(1).png
    223.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240325-063659_(1).png
    Screenshot_20240325-063659_(1).png
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #78 of 125
Again, here is a screenshot of the official website. Initially, version 5.4 is indicated and with a subsequent update, Auracast and LE Audio promise. And there is no mention of updating the Bluetooth version from 5.3 to 5.4.
https://www.sennheiser-hearing.com/en-DE/p/momentum-true-wireless-4/clqasp5hy74zb0bw4yee9gjo8/

https://cdn.sennheiser-cloud.com/help/products/mtw4/en/manual/index.html#t=MTW4_Manual_EN/topic_MTW4_Manual_EN37.htm#XREF_41097__Technische_Daten0

Pretty sure that it has BT 5.4, but at the moment it has no features available that really need 5.4. You can always email Sennheiser support and ask the question.

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #79 of 125
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 5.31.07 PM.png

I picked up a Creative BT-W5 Bluetooth 5.3 transmitter (aptX, aptX HD, aptX adaptive) to use with the MTW4 and my Linux-based living room streamer. There's a Windows/macOS app that you can download to make the initial pairing. Once I did that, I plugged the transmitter into the USB-C port on my streamer and was instantly connected via aptX adaptive. There's a colored light on the top of the transmitter that shows which aptX codec the transmitter is using. So far, the BT-W5 works great with the MTW4 and is a lot cheaper than buying an Android phone or DAP.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #80 of 125
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 5.31.07 PM.png
I picked up a Creative BT-W5 Bluetooth 5.3 transmitter (aptX, aptX HD, aptX adaptive) to use with the MTW4 and my Linux-based living room streamer. There's a Windows/macOS app that you can download to make the initial pairing. Once I did that, I plugged the transmitter into the USB-C port on my streamer and was instantly connected via aptX adaptive. There's a colored light on the top of the transmitter that shows which aptX codec the transmitter is using. So far, the BT-W5 works great with the MTW4 and is a lot cheaper than buying an Android phone or DAP.
I can vouch for the BT-W5. Works great, I returned mine because the windows interface would lose connection at times and I would have to get up to reconnect this. Note the windows interface is separate and this does not affect the actual audio function. If anyone else wants to though, you won't get all the features of this headset if you use this. The 20ms latency advertised on this headset is from Aptx lite which you won't get on this. Nor LE at all and probably lossless as well.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #83 of 125
I would appreciate if someone can comment did MTW 4 have shrill heights. I just turn back Sony XM5 as the are way edgy and bright. I own MTW 3, but I found them to be soft and heights are relatively shy so hopefully MTW 4 are just about right, but some reviews says they can be shrill, so not sure to buy them or not. I cannot dem btw. Thank you.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #84 of 125
I have the B&W pi7s (orig.) and like them. Thinking hard on getting the MTW4s, just not 100% sure yet.

Update: I purchased them. Now to put my playlists through them, tonight. Before trying, switched-out the tips to Symbio Foams, small my size fits the case without issue (and ordered some more). The 2 functional areas of improvement that I looked for over the pi7s was multipoint and sound adjustments. I like the short nozzle and can hear that these will get lots of listening-time.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #85 of 125
I took the plunge and bought them today.

Out of the box I find MTW 4 to be better than MTW 3 which I also own. Midbass is more firm and together with mids gives more defined sound. Separation is also a bit better than on previous model which makes a newer one more exciting listen.

From what I remember, after few hundred hours of run in, my MTW3 opened a bit in the treble region (but bass and midbass stayed sluggish with hollow midrange), so hopefully MTW4 would also give better treble extension after some time.

For now, acouatic guitars for example sound good, but electric guitars have a little bit kind of one noted boringish character, but I believe that everything would come on song after some playtime and sound even better and this what I say is more ore less just nitpicking at least for my ears as I can definitely hear improvements in new model for the things I didn’t like on previous model and that is that pillowy sound from midrange to the bottom.

Even now, I can hear improvements in other aspects which makes the whole sound a bit leveled up in overal quality.

One minor thing which I don’t have in previous model is that new model have very audible hiss with little cracks in right earbud when music is not played and transparency mode is turned on. Hopefully new firmware could sort that.

Need to say that last week I bought Sony xm5, but sold them after few days as I couldn’t stand their unnatural, edgy and shrill sound.

Hopefully Sennheiser would make some kind of reference level BT earbuds, altough BT and reference hardly can fit in the same sentence, but you know what I mean.

I can say that my 50 years old ‘audiophile’ ears are happy with MTW4.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #86 of 125
I can say that my 50 years old ‘audiophile’ ears are happy with MTW4.
I have MTW4 and 83 year old ears and I'm happy too.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #88 of 125
Hm, whatever I do regarding bass in Sound personalization, bass is way too prominent and out of balance loud and hard hitting. It’s pitches provide some distraction. I set bass to lowest setting at each step where possible, but not much luck.

It simply force you to follow bass and everything else is kind of disjointed. Amount of bass is definitely too high, but the main problem is how louder and in your face it hits.

I’d like more relaxed and balanced presentation, altough reasonably defined where you can pick up also other things.

Will see with the time.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #90 of 125
I want the mtw4 with it's sound and great controls and app, etc...with the battery life of the new melomania, the call quality of Jabra, and a smaller case. That's my ideal tws.

Someone make it please 😁

-woops meant to post in the general wireless thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back