Sennheiser Momentum Reviews&Discussions
Jan 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ty123

New Head-Fier
Well these headphones are fairly new and I dont see one of these threads so well I guess this can be the first. Well I guess I'll start it off with my impressions:

FIT/comfort: These headphones are extremely light which to me makes them very comfortable, the earpads are covered in very sof leather and the headband is too, they almost feel like they float on your head, I have had no problems with them over heating, they get warm but never uncomfortable. One problem is if you have big ears, the space for your ear to go is fairly small and could be a problem, however in my case I have small ears and it creates a secure, snug, very cozy fit. Also due to their lightweight, when you turn your head you dont have to worry about them flying off. Also, I have a big head and these exert the right amount of pressure on my ears to where it'll make a nice seal, but not so tight it hurts, or so loss it'll fall off. I tried these against Bowers&Wilkins P5's & Martin Logans and these were by far the comfiest.

SOUND: Well here is probably the most important part of the review and the one you care most about. Disclaimer: I am a newbie in headphone so I don't know all the terms so this will just be my impression of the sound in basic, easy-to-understand, I will update the thread as I continue to use them. Ok well here are the songs I will mainly be using to base this review on: "Eleanor Rigby," "A Day In The Life," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "Time to Say Goodbye," "You Want (To Make a Memory)," "Say it Right," "Thrift Shop," "Stairway to Heaven" "Promises," "Uptown," "Dont Stop the Party," "All Good Things Come to an End" and "Scream and Shout" As you can see I listen to all types of music from the Beatles to Rock to Opera to Rap to Pop, also I should say I used a Fioo E6 and LOD. Ok well I'm just going to say these headphones are exquisite, they do amazing in every area, instead of being exceptional in one are and lacking in another. With the closed can design I was worried with the music sound very cramped and almost forced, however that isnt the case, they sound very open and its almost like sitting in the middle of a listening room and you can hear where all the sounds are coming from. When it came to the Beatles the lyrics sounded very forward (not sure if im sing correct term) but not overpowering all the instrument because I could still hear the symphony of instruments in background. When it came to "Time to Say Goodbye" which I guess could kind of be considered Opera, the singing was very powerful and clear, my first thought was oh my good and put a smile on my face when the music began getting loud and nearing climax. Next, Bon Jovi, sounded great, this song is sort of emotional and it really brought out the emotion in song because you could really hear almost every detail of the song. Well now on to "Say it Right" I suggest you listen to this song to understand my review if you havent heard it, it has ALOT of thumping bass, like it goes down and up, and well im going to say these headphones weren't designed for this much bass it only sound so-so, the bass sort of overpowers the singing (however this is the ONLY song i noticed it in, and I listen to a lot of songs with bass that these headphone do an awesome job with not letting it overpower). Ok now on to Stairway to Heaven, I cant lie I only listening to the beginning guitar solo and it was amazing and crystal clear. Now to Promises, well this song is a dubstep/skrillex type of song (well atleast version I listened to) and it sound good, thats all, this is a song that would sound better on Beats for more bass heads. Well now to Uptown, this is a rap song with ALOT of bass, but however its a different type almost it seems different than Say it Right because it starts low and slowly gets bigger, unlike how Say it Right almost pops out and goes back then pops out again, and these headphone did an alos job with making it so it didnt feel like you were missing anything when it came to the bass but making sure it didnt overpower the rest of the song. Now to "Dont Stop The Party", this is like a song youd hear on the top 40 todays hit channels, its very catchy and has a lot of energy, these headphone did an awesome job with keeping the energ of the song and not losing it by almost trying to get rid of the lower frequencies. Ok now on to the other Nelly song, this songs has a lot of vocal and these headphones really shined when playing this, keeping it all powerful and almost making an emotional impact on you theyre so powerful. OK well now on to the last song, this songs by Britney Spears and Will I Am and is pop and kind of techno, here, the headphones do  great at sounding very pure and making the vocals sound crisp even with bass in background, however they dont detroy the bass, the bass still has an umph factor but its very balanced

I will add more in an hour or so I need to go for a little, thanks for reading and add in your reviews / thought / or just discuss anything about these cans! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back