Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Aug 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #2,371 of 3,594

Just leaving this here, On ear vs standard Momentum.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #2,373 of 3,594
Quote:
Just picked up some Momentums....would they benefit from amping or a DAC at all? I'm currently running them through a MBP. 

I use them right out of my iPad or iPhone. I usually find any sonic improvements not worth the lack of portability with an LOD + portable amp.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,374 of 3,594
I
Just picked up some Momentums....would they benefit from amping or a DAC at all? I'm currently running them through a MBP. 

I did notice slight improvement in resolution and tightness in bass when I use Audio Engine D1 outof my MBP.
However, for portable use, I just plug them direct from my AK120.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #2,375 of 3,594
Just had Best Buy price match Rakuten.com for $229, in addition they also gave me a $35 gift card.  Not a bad deal
size]
.  If you want to get one just have BB price match it, can't get it new any cheaper I think.

I don't  know how I feel about the sound yet, I think my expectations may be a bit higher than it should, having previously owned the HD580( same driver as HD600) which it is supposed to sound similar to. At zero hours the soundstage is a bit congested and the sound clarity isn't on par with my previously owned DT1350.  Hopefully some burn in will sharpen the sound a bit more.  Running it off the HP-P1 amp/dac.  

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,376 of 3,594
Quote:
Just had Best Buy price match Rakuten.com for $229, in addition they also gave me a $35 gift card.  Not bad a bad deal
size]
.  If you want to get one just have BB price match it, can't get it new any cheaper I think.

I don't  know how I feel about the sound yet, I think my expectations may be a bit higher than it should, having previously owned the HD580( same driver as HD600) which it is supposed to sound similar to. At zero hours the soundstage is a bit congested and the sound clarity isn't on par with my previously owned DT1350.  Hopefully some burn in will sharpen the sound a bit more.  Running it off the HP-P1 amp/dac.  

When were they $229 on Rakuten?

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2,379 of 3,594
Quote:
Just had Best Buy price match Rakuten.com for $229, in addition they also gave me a $35 gift card.  Not a bad deal
size]

Did you get the full size Momentum for the Momentum On-Ear price?  I need to go to your BestBuy and get that deal because my BestBuy would tell me to fuhgeddaboudit
angry_face.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #2,380 of 3,594
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,381 of 3,594

Users who are viewing this thread

Back