Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jul 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,281 of 3,594
Quote:

Like more headphones, right? 
tongue.gif

Well.... yeah. I'm trying to get a pair of m100s. Mostly though it's just hard to justify buying a second headphone amp when I have such a nice one at home already. I really like the sound of the Momentums without an amp, I can hear where there could be improvement though. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,282 of 3,594
Considering the on-ear version isn't available yet, I doubt the replacement pads are.  Out of curiosity, what would you use them for?

Office:) I have the brown ones, and I found them quite comfy and better bass if I wear them on ear, but unfortunately they easily fall of the ear with their current design . The on-ear version or earpads are thicker, so I imagine they don't slip.

As far as sound quality is a concern ATH-M50 is really good alternative to Momentums, but if you actually like the look of Momentums, then what else remains... Also if you don't use amp, then only Momentums really shine with portables...

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #2,284 of 3,594
Quote:
What's Vmoda like? Is it close to Momentums?

Not really, which is why I want the m100s. The Momentums have a warmer sound and the bass doesn't punch as hard. I like the Momentums a lot for instrumental music, RnB, and I guess smooth jazzier sounds. Where the m100s really stood out for me was hip-hop. The m100 bass wakes me up and gets me hyped. I'm not always into bass, but when I am I want a pair of cans that can make the bass into the centerpiece while not completely overshadowing all the other sounds. 

Disclaimer: I only have ~1.5 hours of listening experience with the m100s. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #2,285 of 3,594
Quote:
go_quote.gif

Not really, which is why I want the m100s. The Momentums have a warmer sound and the bass doesn't punch as hard. I like the Momentums a lot for instrumental music, RnB, and I guess smooth jazzier sounds. Where the m100s really stood out for me was hip-hop. The m100 bass wakes me up and gets me hyped. I'm not always into bass, but when I am I want a pair of cans that can make the bass into the centerpiece while not completely overshadowing all the other sounds. 

Disclaimer: I only have ~1.5 hours of listening experience with the m100s. 

My experience with senns is usually the over-emphasis on bass... so can we say that then restrained themselves (a little at least) with the momentums?

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2,286 of 3,594
Quote:
My experience with senns is usually the over-emphasis on bass... so can we say that then restrained themselves (a little at least) with the momentums?

Momentum is one of Sennheisers bassier headphones (compared to open-back similar priced models). Bass is similar in quantity to most of their cheaper closed back models. (not including HD-25 which punches harder)

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,287 of 3,594
Quote:

Yeah actually restrained is the perfect way to describe it. I still see people on here who think the bass on the Momentums is too much. The Momentum bass is relaxing in my opinion, whereas the m100 is exciting and lively. Both are good sounds, but they serve different purposes. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,289 of 3,594
Quote:
Their stated goal, with regard to Momentum, was to achieve the sound of their higher-end audio products with a slight bass emphasis.  I feel they achieved this, even though the statement made me worry.  

Makes perfect sense for a portable headphone though.
At home they're almost bass-head material.

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #2,290 of 3,594
Gotta say I love'em still. Had 'em, sold them and went another direction and re-bought them. And couldn't be happier. This time I picked up a black pair. In case anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beyer-dt1350-ue9000

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,291 of 3,594
Just got a pair of these on sale for $270AUD :D definitely happy with my find. If anyone is in Australia, jump on the sale. Colour option is black only right now. www.myer.com.au

Jul 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #2,294 of 3,594
Just got a pair of these on sale for $270AUD :D definitely happy with my find. If anyone is in Australia, jump on the sale. Colour option is black only right now. www.myer.com.au

I hesitated too long... all out of stock now :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back