Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,486 of 3,594
Quote:
Man I want them so bad in black... And I already have the brown ones.

The brown one looks good as well. I don't like the Red cable in the black one, but overall the Black > Brown IMO.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,488 of 3,594
Quote:
I like the red cable looks and overall color scheme.

The black ones look more urban whereas the brown ones we all agree that they look classier.

Yeah, it just comes down to urban or classy. I really like both, it was a close decision. 

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #1,489 of 3,594
Just a tip if you live in the UK. A certain major retail chain that went in administration (not going to specify which so it's not perceived as advertising) is selling both the Momentum and Amperior at 40% discount to clear the stock. It ends up around £156 or 234$. Now I'm very tempted to buy one, even though I don't really need a new pair of cans.

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #1,490 of 3,594
Quote:
Just a tip if you live in the UK. A certain major retail chain that went in administration (not going to specify which so it's not perceived as advertising) is selling both the Momentum and Amperior at 40% discount to clear the stock. It ends up around £156 or 234$. Now I'm very tempted to buy one, even though I don't really need a new pair of cans.

The one near me didn't have any in stock. :frowning2: I did get a pair of spare D2ks last time when they nearly went under.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,492 of 3,594
Quote:

What does "went in administration" mean?  Is this the UK equivalent of bankruptcy?

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,494 of 3,594
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on these. They would be for school for me.

Could anyone tell me how well the case would fit in a backpack? Would it at all? Are there any pictures comparing its size?

Thanks.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1,495 of 3,594
Quote:
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on these. They would be for school for me.

Could anyone tell me how well the case would fit in a backpack? Would it at all? Are there any pictures comparing its size?

Thanks.

Check out this review. It shows the size of the headphones compared to the case. It's definitely durable enough to throw the case in a backpack. If you haven't tried them yet, I would suggest you do simply because comfort is a slight issue for some people, including me. These definitely have a more on-ear cup vs how they market them with a full-sized cup.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,496 of 3,594
Quote:

Thanks.

My backpack is a bit tight with both the Momentum case, a macbook and some school books in it but it does fit. The important thing is that the case is hard and will protect the headphones very well when not in use.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,497 of 3,594
ANy diff between the black and brown.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #1,498 of 3,594
Mar 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,499 of 3,594
The earpad on one side started to become a little mis-shapen, so I decided to take the pad off and try to re-shape the foam inside.
I took it as an opportunity to post up some hi-res driver pics, as I couldn't find any on the interwebs. Enjoy.

The last photo just shows how THIN the actual enclosure is. It almost surprised me how thin it was. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,500 of 3,594
Finally demoed the Momentum today. Wasn't impressed, the materials felt cheap(woo, plastic!), the build quality was only ok and the sound was mediocre. Comfort was okay. I could imagine it getting uncomfortable after a couple hours though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back