Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #91 of 3,594
sorry to ask but can someone here compare the momentum to the harman kardon bt?

I actually tried the harman kardon's today at apple store today on my break before work, and all I can say is: god does the apple store only sell bass heavy cans? They sounded like beats studio with tighter bass to me.. I wasnt a fan. The amperiors are a much better sounding phone, and from jude's review, the momentum should sound even better (i believe it, bigger cups and all)

I'm glad i dont work at the apple store, there's way too many ppl! Besides, the headphone selection in the store i work at is pretty much unbeatable in the province

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #93 of 3,594
Quote:
Just got back after a long flight from Europe. Thanks for the review, Jude! 

Currawong - We'll have some units at the upcoming Tokyo headphone festival in October 
wink_face.gif

Will there be Amperiors this time? It'd be nice if we can compare them side by side.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #94 of 3,594
I just received the Momentum and right out of the box, it sounds clean and well balanced.  I don't get a bass heavy signature but I am a fan of big bass.  It makes the Philips L1 sound bass heavy from memory.  I'll do some comparisons later.  Vocals sound very good and up front.  I don't hear the vocals taking a back step in the presentation.  Treble doesn't have any harshness or sibilance.  Sounds perfect for me.  Reminder this is within first 30min. of listening and using iPhone.  As Yokken stated, the headphones are small, much smaller than I imagined.  The cups sit on the outer part of the ears and do not completely engulf them.  It is very light and one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.  The detachable cable turns and locks, which I didn't know.  I've heard about a half dozen various tracks from Ryan Adams, Faithless, Metallica, Jedi Mind Tricks and a live recording of Jane's Addiction and I must say the live recording sounds very good.  Good energy from the electric guitar and drums hit with good precision.  I'll let them cook for the next 5 plus hours and report back.  So far these remind me of the Focal Spirit One but cleaner with tighter bass and more forward vocals and sparklier treble.  I also can tell that these will replace the L1 without hesitation.  Happy with the purchase.  

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #96 of 3,594
Hi I absolutely like what you comment about the sound. But I dislike that two people who have the headphone tested comment about the ear cups being smaller as expected and being more on the ear than around the ear. I had the Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and sold it for being very uncomfortable to wear, at least for people like me wearing glasses. Could you please measure the inside of the cushions? That would be a welcome maneuver.

gs1000.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #97 of 3,594
Quote:
I just received the Momentum and right out of the box, it sounds clean and well balanced.  I don't get a bass heavy signature but I am a fan of big bass.  It makes the Philips L1 sound bass heavy from memory.  I'll do some comparisons later.  Vocals sound very good and up front.  I don't hear the vocals taking a back step in the presentation.  Treble doesn't have any harshness or sibilance.  Sounds perfect for me.  Reminder this is within first 30min. of listening and using iPhone.  As Yokken stated, the headphones are small, much smaller than I imagined.  The cups sit on the outer part of the ears and do not completely engulf them.  It is very light and one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.  The detachable cable turns and locks, which I didn't know.  I've heard about a half dozen various tracks from Ryan Adams, Faithless, Metallica, Jedi Mind Tricks and a live recording of Jane's Addiction and I must say the live recording sounds very good.  Good energy from the electric guitar and drums hit with good precision.  I'll let them cook for the next 5 plus hours and report back.  So far these remind me of the Focal Spirit One but cleaner with tighter bass and more forward vocals and sparklier treble.  I also can tell that these will replace the L1 without hesitation.  Happy with the purchase.  

Nice impressions Danny and I'm looking forward to reading more of them from you as time goes on. Can you tell me if the timbre of instruments sound accurate your ears? If it sounds natural with good decay? Mostly interested in how drums and guitars sound as well as vocals. Thanks in advance for any input.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #100 of 3,594
Any idea how these compare to the Sennheiser HD 558? They are the only good headphones I've ever listened to, which is why I'm choosing them for comparison. Or if someone could tell me how good the Momentum would be for heavy music.

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #101 of 3,594
I Got my momentums today. I like them alot right out of the box. I honestly don't think they're as bassy as people are making them out to be, but then again I'm a bit of a car audio bass head. They're very balanced in my opinion, they're pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

And boy do these things look and feel awesome.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #102 of 3,594
Quote:

Nice impressions. You got them lightning quick. Did you select Express shipping from Razordog? I ordered mine last Thurs and won't have them till Friday. Your impressions leave me very excited. I'm glad to hear that it's a nice balanced signature without it being too bass heavy/bloated. Up front Sennheiser vocals are so yummy... I think I'll take the 650 and 598 for a spin today.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #103 of 3,594
Nice impressions. You got them lightning quick. Did you select Express shipping from Razordog? I ordered mine last Thurs and won't have them till Friday. Your impressions leave me very excited. I'm glad to hear that it's a nice balanced signature without it being too bass heavy/bloated. Up front Sennheiser vocals are so yummy... I think I'll take the 650 and 598 for a spin today.

Would be nice if you could compare it to one of the 6xx series!

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #105 of 3,594
Will Do! In fact I'll probably compare them to everything I own including the Z1000 and DT1350s.

That would be perfect! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back