Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #76 of 3,594
Argh seriously this has made things very difficult for me. I have just listened to the Amperiors for an hour in the Apple store and I have fallen in love with them but the Momentum also ticks every box for me. I've had V-Moda's (Namely the Crossfades), and I understand that V-Moda have gone down the Audiophile route but I want something new so I don't really want to get the M-100s, The new MDR-1Rs seem quite nice however Sony haven't really made anything groundbreaking that have stood out to me. I will use the headphones for commuting lots and although both the Momentums and the Amperiors are very easy to drive, I still believe they would benefit largely from an amp which I already own (Fiio E7). There's also one more thing... I'm off on a trip to Singapore on 18th October and that limits me to what headphones will be out at the time. I'm sure the Momentums will roll into the UK Apple Stores very soon so it's back to square one really.... Amperior or Momentum?

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #78 of 3,594
Quote:
Sennheiser testing the bassy waters now!!! interesting (though the beats by dre heads gonna still say sennheiser has no bass), and finally they have made a killer closed can thats over $300 , rip d2000 

rofl I have beats pro and I tried the M80's and they had equal amount of bass but since jude said that the bass is stronger than the M80 as far as I know, I think this might satisfy me

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #80 of 3,594
Thanks for the great review Jude. These look like the go to headphone for road warriors looking for some luxurious cans to relax with!

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #81 of 3,594
See my first impressions with the Momentums here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/625216/sennheiser-gains-new-momentum/315#post_8706784

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #82 of 3,594
Quote:
It's interesting to hear Jude note that a flat spectrum which gives the highs due emphasis can be unhealthy in transit.  I've advocated that idea on Head-Fi and elsewhere for nearly a decade.  If people aren't careful about volume levels and the duration of their daily listening in transit, the result can be hearing loss and the din of a ceaseless high pitch.

What's interesting is that everyone now seems to understand this idea. 

I learned this lesson the hard way.  While I abhor using EQ for my home rig, I've learned to use bass boost judiciously with my portable setup.

2 MORE DAYS!!!!  I haven't been this excited for a pair of cans since getting my HD650s.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #83 of 3,594
Hello everyone,

I'm getting worried that Apple might not carry the Momentum heaphones. I called their customer support in oder to find out and no one seemed to know what the hell I ws talking about. Sennheiser what? Momentus? How do you spell that?

I'm heartbroken. I have an Apple online store credit but so far I can't even purchase the "momentus" headphones because they aren't being sold in the Apple online store. What do you guys think?

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #84 of 3,594
Give it a few more days, maybe another week or two. The headphones were just released and the only place I've even heard of people getting them so far has been RazorDog Deals. 

Worst case, you use the credit to buy something else, sell whatever that something else is, and then use the cash to buy a pair of these Senns.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #85 of 3,594
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'm getting worried that Apple might not carry the Momentum heaphones. I called their customer support in oder to find out and no one seemed to know what the hell I ws talking about. Sennheiser what? Momentus? How do you spell that?

I'm heartbroken. I have an Apple online store credit but so far I can't even purchase the "momentus" headphones because they aren't being sold in the Apple online store. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't sweat it yet. Apple is notorious for not talking about products until they are announced (if it's their product) or physically on the shelf. If they are getting them, It could be that they will stock them shortly but are reluctant to say so (or the guy you spoke to just doesn't know).

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #88 of 3,594
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the reassurance. Hopefully you're both right. If anyone else knows something, lease let me know, it would make my day : )

Thanks again.

I spoke face to face with Brian from RazorDog Deals today and he told me Apple would be selling them very soon, within two to three weeks I believe. Same with Best Buy.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #90 of 3,594
Quote:
I wouldn't sweat it yet. Apple is notorious for not talking about products until they are announced (if it's their product) or physically on the shelf. If they are getting them, It could be that they will stock them shortly but are reluctant to say so (or the guy you spoke to just doesn't know).

+1- Apple said the same thing about Amperior then it all of a sudden appeared on their website a few days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back