Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #2,836 of 3,594
After messing around for about an hour, forcing it seems to solve the problem. 

Thanks!

What you gotta check now is that you don't get any static when twisting the jack. I had this issue and had to replace it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,838 of 3,594
if i twist it when the music is playing i sometimes do get a slight static, but other than that its working perfectly.

is that a problem?

It was for me as it progressively got worse. Sometimes it gets "stuck" too tightly and the static happens even when I'm not actively twisting it. Some would argue with "why would you be twisting the cable while you're listening to music?" Fair question, but it shouldn't be happening regardless.

After I got a replacement unit, it didn't happen at all.

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,840 of 3,594

Man, I go away for several months and everyone is still talking about Momentum around here? This thread had one of the highest update counts in my subscription. These things must be selling like hotcakes (why have hotcakes always been so popular?). Anyways, maybe I'll pick up and actually keep a pair soon. My MDR-1R, although still great, is getting kinda stale.

I feel the Momentum (normal over ear) sounds noticeably better than the MDR 1-R in terms of resolution and tonal balance (flatter, less humpty dumpty) when I compared them at the shop.

The same for me :)
And at end i chose the momentum.

I went to the shop for buy the MDr-1 but then i tried the momentum and... :D

anyway, anyone knows a longer cable for the momentum? 1.4 is to short for me, for an use at home :frowning2:

thk :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,841 of 3,594
  Ah no sorry I did mean the full size ones - bad wording! I meant a price that is closer to $200 than $300, so I'd probably buy them if they were to pop up at around $250. I have a relative coming from the US soon who could bring them over, so import tax is a non issue at the moment.

Here in the UK, I'm seeing it at around £230, which is ~$380. I'd be happy to pay around $275 incl. tax. 

Thanks for the help though

Here in Italy, today Amazon.it was selling the momentum for 197€ (vat included obviously). That was a great price, it corresponds roughly to 165£ or 270$. I couldn't resist so I bought one. I was looking for my first good headphone and was trying to decide between Momentum and B&W p7 mainly. But at that price, I didn't know how to justify the other 180€ I would have had to pay if I had to buy the P7.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #2,842 of 3,594
  Here in Italy, today Amazon.it was selling the momentum for 197€ (vat included obviously). That was a great price, it corresponds roughly to 165£ or 270$. I couldn't resist so I bought one. I was looking for my first good headphone and was trying to decide between Momentum and B&W p7 mainly. But at that price, I didn't know how to justify the other 180€ I would have had to pay if I had to buy the P7.

Thanks so much - £30 cheaper than if I had someone bring it from the US (and no import tax too because of the EU). 

Great deal.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #2,847 of 3,594
  I just picked a Over-Ear Momentum up and I noticed that the sound is much louder on the right side than the left side...is that normal? Does it go away after burn-in?

No it doesn't. There's an issue with them. I'd try them on another source/player and if it persists, I'd bring them back.

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,849 of 3,594
  So the problem was with the cable...I guess I put it in wrong. When I took it out and reconnected it the problem was gone.
Thanks!

There you go. Problem solved. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back