Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #2,821 of 3,594
  I believe they would want to more people to buy Momentum and advertise it as they found it sound great and comfortable as the company advertised their Headphone. Thats why they should be bother about it.

As for the design, I can see it can be made a little bigger on the outside and much bigger on the inside by thinning the earpad a bit.

but by releasing a revised version of earpads, they would be admitting that the original earpads are kind of faulty... most companies aren't down like that. considering the money required to make new earpads w/ little profit margins, i doubt that would be something they wld b interested in.

the momentums are already selling well w/ their current earpads, so i personally think it is very unlikely that sennheiser would release any new earpads. we can all dream tho lol. if they did, i wld def buy a new pair of momentums hahah

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #2,822 of 3,594
  but by releasing a revised version of earpads, they would be admitting that the original earpads are kind of faulty... most companies aren't down like that. considering the money required to make new earpads w/ little profit margins, i doubt that would be something they wld b interested in.

the momentums are already selling well w/ their current earpads, so i personally think it is very unlikely that sennheiser would release any new earpads. we can all dream tho lol. if they did, i wld def buy a new pair of momentums hahah

oddly vmoda did that with the m100s

wonder how much profit margin val kolton made but some say he made very little (but that says a lot about the lengths some company goes to ensure their customers are satisfied

regardless i'll have to try those demos again the last time i tried them at futureshop they were so snug on my ears it got uncomfortable fast

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #2,823 of 3,594
  oddly vmoda did that with the m100s

wonder how much profit margin val kolton made but some say he made very little (but that says a lot about the lengths some company goes to ensure their customers are satisfied

regardless i'll have to try those demos again the last time i tried them at futureshop they were so snug on my ears it got uncomfortable fast

yes, v-moda did it, but the profit margins of the XL pads is probably not that great. the only reason v-moda did that is because val surfs thro these threads & the m100 were crowd-sourced with feedback from forums, so it's a different approach. most traditional companies aren't down with that kinda stuff.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #2,824 of 3,594
The reason for the fitting problems are mostly cause the earpads are quite thick, not sure how one that is thinner around the the walls would sound like but that would give more room in the middle for the ears to sit in.

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #2,825 of 3,594
Where's the cheapest place to pick these up from nowadays? I'm finally upgrading from my ATH-ES7's (a long time coming with 2 cable repairs...) and would definitely go for these if I can find them closer to the $200 mark. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #2,826 of 3,594
  Where's the cheapest place to pick these up from nowadays? I'm finally upgrading from my ATH-ES7's (a long time coming with 2 cable repairs...) and would definitely go for these if I can find them closer to the $200 mark. 

Judging by the 200$ mark, I'm guessing you mean the on-ears?
220$ at AccessoryJack:
http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones.html?dir=desc&limit=30&manufacturer=219&order=price

You can ask them to put a lower value on the box to reduce customs.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2,827 of 3,594

Judging by the 200$ mark, I'm guessing you mean the on-ears?
220$ at AccessoryJack:
http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones.html?dir=desc&limit=30&manufacturer=219&order=price

You can ask them to put a lower value on the box to reduce customs.

Ah no sorry I did mean the full size ones - bad wording! I meant a price that is closer to $200 than $300, so I'd probably buy them if they were to pop up at around $250. I have a relative coming from the US soon who could bring them over, so import tax is a non issue at the moment.

Here in the UK, I'm seeing it at around £230, which is ~$380. I'd be happy to pay around $275 incl. tax. 

Thanks for the help though

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #2,828 of 3,594
  yes, v-moda did it, but the profit margins of the XL pads is probably not that great. the only reason v-moda did that is because val surfs thro these threads & the m100 were crowd-sourced with feedback from forums, so it's a different approach. most traditional companies aren't down with that kinda stuff.

I think you missed the point here. It is not about to make money off the new XL pad but to get more people buying the Headphone and make money off it that way. What if people want to buy Momentum through those review who complain about small ear cup? There is a high chance that they will stop themselves from buying it which in turn the company losing money by selling less headphone which making them making less money than they should.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #2,829 of 3,594
  I think you missed the point here. It is not about to make money off the new XL pad but to get more people buying the Headphone and make money off it that way. What if people want to buy Momentum through those review who complain about small ear cup? There is a high chance that they will stop themselves from buying it which in turn the company losing money by selling less headphone which making them making less money than they should.

I understand exactly your point & I agree with you, but companies don't normally revise their products unless there is a real defect. This situation is more like preference slash improvement for headphones that work fine, but some people don't love the comfort. My prediction is that sennheiser will probably end up releasing some sort of "Momentum Over-Ear Version 2" under a new name with better earpads for $350-$400 in the next few years. hahaha

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2,833 of 3,594
Hey guys, just bought the brown momentum.
and... a problem right from the start, i can't unplug the cable from the headphone?!?!?!
tried to rotate cw and ccw then pull but no luck... am i doing it wrong?
Help!!

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2,834 of 3,594
It's a ccw twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back