Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear Wireless vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless
Dec 30, 2016 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RPGWiZaRD

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been thinking about buying a bluetooth headphone for use with TV and tablet and with phone every now and then and Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless and the Momentum Wireless have caught perhaps my biggest attention as the P7 Wireless it's supposedly very similar sounding as its non-wireless brethren except for the somewhat emphasized mid-bass it appears in wireless mode but in wired mode again it's slightly less bassy and Momentum is also said to be good also in the Wireless option although I don't really need active noise cancelling though. I prefer personally a slightly warmer sound signature with a pretty decent amount bass and mids and the highs to not be very prominent, rather smooth so on the paper it sounds like both would be a pretty good fit. As I understand the Wireless Over-Ear version have larger pads than the original Momentums right? which were on-ear rather than over-ear for my slightly above average sized ears.

I will also buy a Bluetooth transmitter for the TV, TaoTronics seems like a competent offering although they have two versions I'm unsure which I should be getting in my case:

https://www.taotronics.com/taotronics-tt-ba09-bluetooth-4.1-transmitter-receiver-aptX.html
or
https://www.taotronics.com/taotronics-tt-ba08-bluetooth-4.1-transmitter-receiver-aptX-music-adapter.html

The first also supports digital optical connections and I think this would probably be a little bit beneficial with TV use in order to ensure maximum quality/noisefree operation. But on the other hand the other product has built-in volume control which MAY come handy in those occasions I want to plug any wired headphone to it. What would you prioritize, analog volume control feature vs digital optical output, is the digital output really that much beneficial or will RCA or 3.5 mm do just fine you think? 

Any thoughts regarding this would be welcomed, whether it's about headphone recommendation or bluetooth transmitters or whatever I should be thinking of etc.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi
Similar box with you; after months of research it's between the P7 wireless and the Sennheiser 2.0 wireless.  I do a fair about of travelling and need noise canceling for that an a very noisy office environment; need to be able to take calls on my iphone and Cisco Bluetooth enabled work phone.  Not willing to give up great sounding cans for noise cancelling.  I've had the Bose 25 and 20i and not going back to them.  Using a Xduoo Audio player with a Oppo HA-2 Headphone Amplifier with a TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter and Receiver.

Just can't decided on the cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back