Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear versus Grado SR225e
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I just recently purchased the Momentums, and I have to say I enjoy them a lot. The sound is clear, albeit a bit lacking in presence and soundstage. The lows are slightly lacking, and the highs are there, but not as warm as Grados usually are (I have a pair of SR80is). Grados seem to be bright and warm to me, but lack substantial bass. The Sennheisers will probably give you a great well-rounded listening experience with each note, while the Grados might be better if you prefer classical, jazz, etc. At least, that is my experience. I love my SR80s, and I really love my new Momentums.

Hope that helps.

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Coincidentally, I had owned the Momentum Over-Ears(1st generation) and sold it and now I bought the SR225e. My personal gripe that I had with the Momentums was that its vocals were recessed, somewhat located behind the ears and doesn't have a forward enough presentation, hence my later purchase of the Grados. But in retrospect and in all honesty, I would say the instruments separation, bass, clarity and musicality of the Momentums, trumps the Grados. It would be perfect for me if only it had the brightness of the Grados, though. All of this are just my personal thoughts. Mileage varies from person to person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back