Sennheiser momentum over-ear comfort
Jul 30, 2015 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

heavyarms

New Head-Fier
So I just upgraded from Senn's on-ear momentums to over-ear momentum.

Although i like the sound.  I do find them uncomfortable after less than hour of listening session.
My Sony MDR-V6 on the other hand are so much comfortable even for more than 4 hours of continuous listening on stock pads.

Any suggestions to improve the comfort level on momentums ?  I have already played around with the headband which did reduce the clamping force.

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the same issue with my Grado as I have stock on ear small/thin pads and jumbo/fat size over ear pads, both are all foam pads. Thin has more bass but listing time is short hour, fat I use for one or two movies/CD's

Dude down the hall has what you have.
I find the inner pad is to thick ( for me, now if I had them I'll trim 1/16" at a time off to find that sweet spot. Then sew the outer shell back up)
If you can get spare pads, just toy/mold with them. ( think and play and dream. twist them as you listen to them. To find your ear sweet spot)
Each ear is never the same. ( me can be IEM or can's, I need them in an bent/kick up angle, toward the sky, let say.) Remember your not me. Just a few bucks more for pads. As just like life, their is always a trade off.
Toy around with them, then after they break in. 
Share back.

Never be shy on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back