Sennheiser momentum on ears or sennheiser momentum or Denon D340?
Jun 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 6
i've owned the Sennheiser Momentums and the Denon D340 (well technically still own them, I just let my sister borrow them). The D340 is very smooth. The highs are nowhere near harsh and the bass is pretty boomy. The mids are recessed but not as recessed as the D1100. The Mommentums are also smooth, non fatigue but with lots of clarity. I would definitely recommend the Momentums over the D340. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 6
  i've owned the Sennheiser Momentums and the Denon D340 (well technically still own them, I just let my sister borrow them). The D340 is very smooth. The highs are nowhere near harsh and the bass is pretty boomy. The mids are recessed but not as recessed as the D1100. The Mommentums are also smooth, non fatigue but with lots of clarity. I would definitely recommend the Momentums over the D340. 

I already own the d340. i am looking for an upgrade. you think the momentums are an upgrade to them?

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 6
I went to the shop with the clear will to buy some Momentum over ears. I carefully try them all : Momentums (both on & over ear), Sennheiser HD-25 & Amperior. I finally left the shop with the good old HD-25. So much more personality than the Momentums... The Momentums sounded really "clinic" and "metallic" to me. Give a try to the "organic" HD-25 before buying Momentum over ear.

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 6
A better comparison would be the Momentum (over-ear) or the Amperior. I wouldn't recommend the Momentum on-ears as they are way too bass-heavy or muddy in comparison to its big brother.

As for the comparison between the Momentum and Amperior, other than being the form factor, is that the Amperior sounds more aggressive, in your face type. The Momentum sounds warmer, but also more laid back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back