Sennheiser Momentum On Ear vs Audio Technica M40x
Apr 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SovietJelly

New Head-Fier
Hi, I can get both the Sennheiser Momentum On Ear and ATH M40x for around 100$. Which headphones should I buy? One thing to consider is my head- on the hat size chart I rate 7.5, and I heard the Momenum On Ears are pretty small. I mostly use my headphones with my PC and iPad, and occasionally with my phone. The headphones don't have to be usable on the street or on the bus but that's always a plus. I listen to many genres of music, so something neutral would be good (I think).Some other options include:

Sennheiser Urbanite: Somewhat pricier at 150-160$ but maybe worth it?

AKG Y50: One of 2 headphones in my options I've listened to. Love the clean sound. 107$

Sennheiser HD 518: Expensive at 150$ (damn it Amazon Germany) and also will need to get a cable with a 3.5 mm end (I included it's in that 150$). I do play games a lot, and heard open headphones are good for that.

JBL Synchros S300: Good sound (tried them) and fit for now, but I wear these at full size and I fear they won't fit me in a few years (my head is still growing). 109$

Relatives of mine are flying to New York in 2 weeks and can get me the M40x if I ask them to, that's how they're so cheap (cheapest of the bunch). The same store has the Momentum on ear for 115, which is a bit cheaper than if I buy it on Amazon and ship it to my country. 

Final prices+ taxes+ shipping+ everything
M40x: 100$
Momentum: 115$
Urbanite: 150-160$
Y50: 107$
HD 518: 150$+
S300: 109$

Sorry for the long post, thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back