Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Mar 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #496 of 581
  Love my In-Laws, opened my Christmas present and first thing I saw was PINK! They are actually rose colored and I love them, to call them efficient is an understatement. Thought my iPhone 4 drove them with aplomb, they just keep getting sweeter and tighter in all ranges with all types of jams. Color actually looks good on my complexion and bald head, their small size does not make them or me look like princess Leia
rolleyes.gif
 Little buggers have also been keeping my ears warm at these ridiculous winter Soccer games of my sons
cool.gif

I got a pink one from amazon a few months back since it was the cheapest at the time, $97 and just wanted to try them out.  The first time I went out with them 4 girls stop to asked what brand were these phones, lol, good chick magnet.  My old girlfriend saw these and asked if I could get a second pair for her so back to amazon but the price had gone back up to $118 but the black was down to $97 so got the black for me and gave the pink one to her.
I've since gotten 3 more of the pink ones, used-like-new in box for $58 and gave these to girls that I hang out with for their birthday present, 2 have iphones so they enjoy the control on the cable but they all say that the plain cable without the controls sound the best.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #497 of 581

+1 to this. Like you I was happy with the MOE using my iPod Touch. However, using an extension cable, I was running my MOE from my receiver and you are right on the money regarding midrange; Lush and detailed. And the bass really tightened up quite a bit. Despite being 18 Ohms having a good high(er) power and quality source can really make the difference. I miss my MOE but could not justify keeping them after I got the Momentum.

beerchug.gif

reading this thread got me thinking so put a 6.3mm adapter on the MOE and connected it to my bifrost/lyr2 (low gain) and bingo, the sound became so much more balanced, the base is not boomy, the mids are more forward and the highs have just a little more sparkle.  Hard going back to using my Samsung S5 now.  Also tried my V-Moda XS with the bifrost/lyr2 and it didn't make that much of a difference IMO, guess they are better optimized for low power portable devices better than the MOE.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #498 of 581

reading this thread got me thinking so put a 6.3mm adapter on the MOE and connected it to my bifrost/lyr2 (low gain) and bingo, the sound became so much more balanced, the base is not boomy, the mids are more forward and the highs have just a little more sparkle.  Hard going back to using my Samsung S5 now.  Also tried my V-Moda XS with the bifrost/lyr2 and it didn't make that much of a difference IMO, guess they are better optimized for low power portable devices better than the MOE.

Just as an FYI to those considering Moes Music Direct has the originals on for $75 right now. IMHO this is a bargain for this headphone, had to pick up a tan pair to go with my pink babies. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #500 of 581
Does anyone know if these have different drivers in some of them? 

I got a replacement from Amazon due to the headband making crack noises, and the replacement doesn't sound as good.

The bass is a bit punchier and overall the sound is brighter. I A/B'd several times and the original pair is always noticeably different.

Could this possibly be burn in? I only had them for about a week and listened to them no more than maybe an hour or two max.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #501 of 581

I got a replacement from Amazon due to the headband making crack noises, and the replacement doesn't sound as good.

The bass is a bit punchier and overall the sound is brighter. I A/B'd several times and the original pair is always noticeably different.

Could this possibly be burn in? I only had them for about a week and listened to them no more than maybe an hour or two max.

Return them.  Quality control at its finest XD

Any particular reason why you did not buy the M80?
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Shadow/dp/B00I9UKKS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430080279&sr=8-1&keywords=v-moda+m80

Apr 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #502 of 581

That's funny I basically noticed the same thing.  I owned 2 pair and the one with cracking noises on headband sounds better and the other one didn't have the cracking noises didn't sound as good.  I thought I was going crazy that one sounded better.
I think the one with the cracking noises was older maybe 2 years in the box.  The leather smell went away faster with the one with cracking noises.  So I wonder if the foam just dried out under headband more and maybe drivers broke in just by sitting longer in the package.  So possibly if you opened the other (newer) box in a 2 years the band would have crackling noises, sound better, and leather smell would fade quicker.
My theory is they are probably the same in every way, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: just realize this is on ear thread.  I had this experience with Over ear.  But same theory could apply.

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #503 of 581

You're better off replacing them.

May 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #505 of 581
  These are on sale today from Amazon. I just bought a pair of the green ones (cheapest color) for $70 to complement my HD598s.

Great price, you are going to love them
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #507 of 581
  Early Father's Day gift!

About a year ago I bought Harmon Kardon CL's for about $60 on Amazon for portable use and I was generally underwhelmed. These seem like quite an improvement, and might even get use from me in non-portable situations.

I think you will really like these babies, I'm cruising for a second pair just waiting to get the right deal on the Ivory ones
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #508 of 581
$70 is a great price for these. That green though...

May 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #510 of 581
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-On-Ear-Headphone/dp/B00DKPXVEY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back