Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Dec 10, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #421 of 581
  One thing the MOEs are ideal for, I think, are for exercise.  That aggresive V-shape and Bass signature would be energetic for a workout.  My question is if alcantara is good for sweating?

You can clean them easily. Since Alcantara is basically plastic, you can would ideally use water with soap based detergent (like dishwashing liquid) and wipe it gently with a fuzz free cloth. After that use just water to wash every bit of detergent off and it should be good as new. These instructions are from professional car care person, I have Alcantara in my wife's car and wondered how to clean the Alcantara steering wheel and other bits and bops.

I use my Amperior for workout but use the pleather pads mostly. The HD25 and derivates are made for DJ use, DJs sweat, so they are ok. 

Cheers,
K

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #422 of 581
Evening guys. Long term lurker here. 

just wanted to give anyone interested a heads up. Dick smith electronic has these for $99.95 AUS at the moment. looks to be a few pairs per store. for $100 I'm stoked with these. got them on now, very comfortable. 

Im still very new to headphones and i have only had a pair of Sennheiser 201's and a few IEM from sennheiser before. but I'm pretty impressed with the feel of these. 

Mark.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #423 of 581
I was considering these, the V-Moda M-80s or the V-Moda LPs for a variety of music from acoustic (Ani Difranco, Brandi Carlile, The Dubliners, etc) to electro-synth (Infected Mushroom, The Glitch Mob). Thoughts folks?

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #424 of 581
  I was considering these, the V-Moda M-80s or the V-Moda LPs for a variety of music from acoustic (Ani Difranco, Brandi Carlile, The Dubliners, etc) to electro-synth (Infected Mushroom, The Glitch Mob). Thoughts folks?

V-Moda M80 for sure.  These are no competition for the M80, and the LPs are pretty bad.  Saw the M80 on Amazon new for $85 the other day, amazing deal!

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #425 of 581

V-Moda M80 for sure.  These are no competition for the M80, and the LPs are pretty bad.  Saw the M80 on Amazon new for $85 the other day, amazing deal!

Agreed. The XS is currently 20% off as well.

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #426 of 581
Thanks, I'll put my order in for the M-80s tonight probably. I'd love the XS but its out of my price range at the moment (<$130). I really appreciate the advice, this forum is an excellent resource and community.

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #427 of 581
  Thanks, I'll put my order in for the M-80s tonight probably. I'd love the XS but its out of my price range at the moment (<$130). I really appreciate the advice, this forum is an excellent resource and community.

M80 is very close to the XS.  If you can get a comfortable fit from the M80 at $90 it would be a waste to even consider the XS

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #429 of 581
I got myself a used moe for $100, and on listen somethings wrong with it. The prominent bass that we mostly complain about, sounds deemphasized in my moe. Highs are still sparkly though and mids fine yet recessed, but the bass i am expecting arent there. I can barely feel the lows even if i have to eq. Plus, my moes are hard to drive that i have to raise 6db in my amp.

This doesnt seem fake, since the can and accessories felt premium.

Did i get myself a defective pair?

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #430 of 581
Possibly defective.  Is the headphone cable inserted correctly?

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #431 of 581
New Momentum and Momentum On-ear will be announced in CES. I only got some pictures(my account is not allowed to upload pictures
mad.gif
) but no more further info. The Momentum can be folded and on-ear has bluetooth and new strip? Excited and look forward!
o2smile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #432 of 581
  New Momentum and Momentum On-ear will be announced in CES. I only got some pictures(my account is not allowed to upload pictures
mad.gif
) but no more further info. The Momentum can be folded and on-ear has bluetooth and new strip? Excited and look forward!
o2smile.gif

imgur, imagebam, and photobucket can be your friends, too.

"new strip"?

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #434 of 581
New Momentum and Momentum On-ear will be announced in CES. I only got some pictures(my account is not allowed to upload pictures:mad: ) but no more further info. The Momentum can be folded and on-ear has bluetooth and new strip? Excited and look forward!:o2smile:  

It appears the Sennheiser CES 2015 page is already up:

I was just looking around on the net and found this:
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/ces-2015

Shows 13 new headphones from sennheiser, hopefully some attendees can get some impressions in soon.

I'm hoping Senn tuned the On-Ear to sound more like the OG MOMENTUM.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #435 of 581
This is so sad, first time I got duped by an online seller.  Any way I can have this fixed?

Well maybe the seller didn't know any better. EBay has a good resolution center. Complain with them, plus sennheiser offers great warranty service. So if you got the original invoice (sometimes even withou) then it should be no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back