Sennheiser Momentum On-ear and Off-ear sound leakage question
Sep 26, 2016 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

daronharvey

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm hoping that someone may be able to advise on the sound isolation of the Sennheiser Momentum On-ear and Off-ear phones.

I'm looking for something to use in the office. My usual headphones of choice are Grados (I have SR225i's, 325e's, and RS2i's) but they're no good for the office due to sound leakage. So for that reason I have been using Sennheiser HD380 pro's for a few years.

I recently tried a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2 On-ear phones in department store, and was pleasantly surprised at how good they are. Nice and comfortable too, which is important for long listening periods, but I could hear lots of background noise from the other stuff going on in the store.

To me in the office, background noise is not a problem as it's a fairly quiet place, but what could be a problem is any leakage of sound from my phones as that could any folk in the office. Because of the background noise in the store, I really couldn't tell if these Momentum 2 On-ears leak much sound out, and it's going to be hard to tell unless I buy a pair and find out the hard way!

Hence this email.

Is anyone able to comment on outward sound leakage of either Momentum On-ear and Off-ear versions, and also any general comments to compare the two options?

I'm also aware of some pretty good deals currently on the Momentum v1 On ear phones, but sound leakage will always be my top criteria for this next purchase. Otherwise I'll stick with my HD380 pro's for a bit longer.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't know anything about the on-ears, but I had a pair of the over ears and they didn't leak much sound at all. Up there with the least leaky headphones that I've owned. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the feedback. I'd also be keen to see how they compare with HD380 Pro's which are really good at sound isolation, but can also sound quite lifeless depending on what I'm listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back