Sennheiser Momentum iPhone cord sound quality
Jan 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 21
The remote cable loses quality and isnt as loud/loses quality when plugged into either my iphone or macbook. however, there isnt a problem with it when its plugged into my udac compared to the regular cable. mabe the iphone cord requires more power??

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 21
I hear no difference.
This may seem obvious but make sure you have it plugged in correctly to the bottom of the cup. It can feel like it's in when it's not all the way in. You need push it in and twist it to lock it in.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #19 of 21
I tried both cables while listening to an Eric Clapton track from the Plugged cd played on my laptop and I couldn't say the difference was significant, if there was any difference at all (when the difference is small and you have to spend time changing the cables, it becomes difficult to remember precisely the quality of the last track you've heard). If someone said that there was a small improvement without the in-line controller, I wouldn't contradict them. If they said the difference was huge; well, not on my setup.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #20 of 21
Kind of a hijack here, but related; after searching for a longer cable possibility for the Momentums (currently using an extender to reach my Magni/Modi - going to fix that ASAP!), I found this thread and realized that I have always used the iPhone cable :/

I promptly switched them out and noticed something different - seemed more subtly 'alive'. Not a huge gap, but there nonetheless.

As for the extender, that DEFINITELY takes more of the range out of the phones than a direct line, so off I go trying to remedy that part. If I'm unsuccessful in finding a suitable longer replacement cable, i'll probably just get some power in the area I need the m/m stack to go in order to plug in using the included cord.

*purifyTheChain...purifyTheChain...purifyTheChain...purifyTheChain...*

BTW - if anyone has any cable suggestions, I would love to check 'em :)

Thanks.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #21 of 21
It's the other way around for me. The Remote Cable Sounds better, louder, more spacious, and I hear more details in the songs. I also enjoy more songs using the remote cable. 

I noticed the straight cable has a more forward sound and louder mids. This can be mistaken for better sound quality? For me, the remote cable sounds more balanced and airy.  Because I swear I've swapped the cables almost 10x a day because i really want to like the straight cable from a purity perspective but I always end up swapping back to the remote cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back