Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Sep 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #213 of 931
Listened to these straight out the box at a local HiFi store and they totally wowed me. I haven't really listened to them for very long and neither did much A/B-ing but I want them, I wan them very badly! They sort of reminded me of unveiled Hd600's.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #214 of 931
  Listened to these straight out the box at a local HiFi store and they totally wowed me. I haven't really listened to them for very long and neither did much A/B-ing but I want them, I wan them very badly! They sort of reminded me of unveiled Hd600's.

Great time to buy a pair. $230 or less on eBay and other places. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #216 of 931
I am interested in buying a pair of these, but I heard they are a tight fit for big heads. From ear lobe, over the top of my head to the other ear lobe, I measure 18 inches or 460 mm. Can anyone tell me if the momentum extends far enough to cover that?

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #217 of 931
I've read most of this thread, I've seen most of the youtube reviews, everyone seems to love them.

I went to actually audition today (they had them at the NCIX store in downtown Vancouver) and all I got to say is... "really?"

I don't mean to put down anyone loving these headphones, but I just don't understand "why" everyone been saying such good things about them. Sure they don't sound bad, but its kind of a boring sounding headphone with not much special about its sound signature. I've listened to them through my Fiio X3 with FLAC files and I honestly thought the other lower end Sennheiser headphones there sounded better than the momentum at a much cheaper price.

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #218 of 931
  I've read most of this thread, I've seen most of the youtube reviews, everyone seems to love them.

I went to actually audition today (they had them at the NCIX store in downtown Vancouver) and all I got to say is... "really?"

I don't mean to put down anyone loving these headphones, but I just don't understand "why" everyone been saying such good things about them. Sure they don't sound bad, but its kind of a boring sounding headphone with not much special about its sound signature. I've listened to them through my Fiio X3 with FLAC files and I honestly thought the other lower end Sennheiser headphones there sounded better than the momentum at a much cheaper price.

Haha, well that's exactly what I thought when I auditioned the HD800 for the first time (and every single time thereafter). Personal taste, I actually believe it does sound better than the HD 6X0's. I think they sound very smooth yet refined and detailed. Really interested in trying out that Fiio X3 btw... 

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #219 of 931

Haha, well that's exactly what I thought when I auditioned the HD800 for the first time (and every single time thereafter). Personal taste, I actually believe it does sound better than the HD 6X0's. I think they sound very smooth yet refined and detailed. Really interested in trying out that Fiio X3 btw... 

That's a fair point 
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #220 of 931
My first expensive pair of over-ear headphones, I am very impressed.

Currently own Shure SE353LTDs and Shure SE215s which are IEMs.

Anyway they are so comfortable and that's before the leather has worn in, the packaging was quite nice too, I could upload some pictures if you guys want. I'll wait a while for them to burn in but immediate impressions are that they are good.

They do favour bass but then I think this is what I prefer.

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #221 of 931
hey fellas, a few observations on out of the box experience. Running these babies out of mp3 portable via FiiO E12 (or Little Dot mk1+). First off, impedance seems to be quite high as I had to crank up volume on FiiO all the way up in "0" gain mode in which my ATH-ESW9 perform reasonably loud at 1 o'clock position. Next, mids are very laid back (again compared to ATH-ESW9), highs have more sparkle while bass is comparable. Overall SQ is quite engaging. Wondering how burn-in will affect the overall impression. On construction aspects. Build is solid and minimalistic. Leather pads are comfy, same as ATH-ESW9 and pretty much same size (sort of in between over and onear). Isolation level is excellent. And yes, packaging looks million dollar haha! Would like to compare these to Philips L1 at some stage.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #224 of 931
I'd doubt they are 18 Ohms, but nevermind that. They do sound great for portable device, tho looks like amp is a must. Not excatly outdoor portable but rather in the office portable. Brown version also radiates class, while black/red is more gimmiky type. And I'm not a 20YO... Test riding my fafourite tunes as we speak: Leprous-Coal, Haken-The Mountain, Opeth-Deliverance, Nemo-Revolusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back