Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Sep 13, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #815 of 931
I am confused, the M1 sound better with Fiio X3 or with X5 ?

Its going to sound good with both. The X5 is a better player than the X3 spec wise. When I bought my X3 I didn't feel the X5 was worth the extra money to me. Its a personal choice. I just saw the Gen 1 X5 for $199. I would be all over it if not happy with X3.

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #816 of 931
So just got mine delivered and 1st impression is one of disappointment. For a start they are NOT around ear headphones. I have small ears and the inside of the pads sit on the upper and lobe areas of my ears. The frequency spectrum seems quite wide. They seem to go lower and higher frequency wise than my mdr 1r but the sound is not as impactful as I like. Lastly they look ridiculous on my head which is reason enough to return/sell them. Just wondering if it's possible to replace the supplied earpads with those from the M2.0? Long story short, not happy Jan.

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #817 of 931
So just got mine delivered and 1st impression is one of disappointment. For a start they are NOT around ear headphones. I have small ears and the inside of the pads sit on the upper and lobe areas of my ears. The frequency spectrum seems quite wide. They seem to go lower and higher frequency wise than my mdr 1r but the sound is not as impactful as I like. Lastly they look ridiculous on my head which is reason enough to return/sell them. Just wondering if it's possible to replace the supplied earpads with those from the M2.0? Long story short, not happy Jan.

No you can't change ear pads. I have no problem with sound but ear pads issue was same for me .Sold them bought the M2. Very happy with them excellent comfort and fit. They make a good closed companion to my HD600,s.

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #818 of 931
No you can't change ear pads. I have no problem with sound but ear pads issue was same for me .Sold them bought the M2. Very happy with them excellent comfort and fit. They make a good closed companion to my HD600,s.

Both Momentums are overpriced at their original prices. The only consolation for me was that I got mine for $190 aud.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #819 of 931
Both Momentums are overpriced at their original prices. The only consolation for me was that I got mine for $190 aud.

Well that's all subjective Both the M1 and M2 have some very good reviews. I paid $110US for my M1 and sold them for that. Paid $238 for M2. I think most people really like or really hate them.

Sep 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #820 of 931
Well that's all subjective Both the M1 and M2 have some very good reviews. I paid $110US for my M1 and sold them for that. Paid $238 for M2. I think most people really like or really hate them.

I think rrp for the m2 is $499 aud in Australia. I haven't seen them for less than around $450. The price you paid is closer to what they're worth sound wise, but I still wouldn't buy them because of how they look when worn. Anyways you live and learn :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #821 of 931
I think rrp for the m2 is $499 aud in Australia. I haven't seen them for less than around $450. The price you paid is closer to what they're worth sound wise, but I still wouldn't buy them because of how they look when worn. Anyways you live and learn
frown.gif

you don't like the way the m2s look??

I haven't seen a pair myself, only pictures and they look quite dashing, especially in the ivory  (if the ivory is the same paint job as the momentum on ears), with that glittery sparkle

omg to die for !

plus I liked the overall shape of the original momentums, with the leather earpads, oval earcups, and thin, metal band. (they also didn't look intimating on the head either, rather sleek, at least for over ear headphones ( I know the m2s are bigger for sure) so not sure how they differ in that retrospect

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #822 of 931

you don't like the way the m2s look??

I haven't seen a pair myself, only pictures and they look quite dashing, especially in the ivory  (if the ivory is the same paint job as the momentum on ears), with that glittery sparkle

omg to die for !

plus I liked the overall shape of the original momentums, with the leather earpads, oval earcups, and thin, metal band. (they also didn't look intimating on the head either, rather sleek, at least for over ear headphones ( I know the m2s are bigger for sure) so not sure how they differ in that retrospect

I agree with you completely actually, about not just the M2 but the original M1 that I've actually listened to.  I may not have liked the sound much, by my own tastes, but, if there are two things I cannot complain about concerning the M1, it's the build and the appearance. . .both are awesome!

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #823 of 931

I agree with you completely actually, about not just the M2 but the original M1 that I've actually listened to.  I may not have liked the sound much, by my own tastes, but, if there are two things I cannot complain about concerning the M1, it's the build and the appearance. . .both are awesome!

lightweight too =)

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #824 of 931

Sound is subjective, but at least we call all agree on the fact that the Momentum is beautiful and built very well.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #825 of 931
Sound is subjective, but at least we call all agree on the fact that the Momentum is beautiful and built very well.

You say that, and yet, there's this guy:

Quote:
I think rrp for the m2 is $499 aud in Australia. I haven't seen them for less than around $450. The price you paid is closer to what they're worth sound wise, but I still wouldn't buy them because of how they look when worn. Anyways you live and learn
frown.gif

I suppose we all have different opinions when it comes to aesthetics!  Personally I agree with the majority-opinion that the Momentum is a marvelous-looking, very-well-built, lightweight headphone.

I'm definitely going to have to try out the M2 sometime to see if it does a good enough job fixing the issues I had with the sound of the original.  Because if it does, I'm positive I'll have to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back