Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Sep 6, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #781 of 931
I have these and I personally like them. Not only because of the sound quality, but the experience of owning it - the lovely case with a subtle embedded Sennheiser logo, the machined aluminum plug and remote,the leather band and pads... and when those pads go on your ears, you get great sound, too. These are my first "good" headphones, so I'm quite happy with them. And they're $220 on Amazon, quite a bit lower than the $350 list price.

Same here, for me, they are an excellent buy for that overal experience you receive for the momentum's!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't be parting with my momentum's!

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #784 of 931
  The On-Ear sound terrible! Returned them on the 3rd day... disgusting artificial sound 

I wouldn't go so far as to say they sound THAT bad, but they definitely don't sound as good in that category as, say, the V-Moda M-80's.

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #787 of 931
Unless you have real large ears that will cause fitment problems with the Version 1 Over Ear I would grab a set up while they're still available at the super low closeout prices. I used my exculsively for over a year and was always happy. Got a price on a HD 650 that I couldn't refuse so now they are my main home "audiophile" listening phones. But I still pull on the Momentums when I want to kick up the bass a little or go mobile. IMHO they're the best phones you can get if you're running off any kind of low power mobile device..

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #788 of 931
  Unless you have real large ears that will cause fitment problems with the Version 1 Over Ear I would grab a set up while they're still available at the super low closeout prices. I used my exculsively for over a year and was always happy. Got a price on a HD 650 that I couldn't refuse so now they are my main home "audiophile" listening phones. But I still pull on the Momentums when I want to kick up the bass a little or go mobile. IMHO they're the best phones you can get if you're running off any kind of low power mobile device..

Nah.  I've listened to the Momentum 1.0 as I said before.  Only found them decent at-best, and hated their lack of soundstage.  I like my Sony MDR-1A much, much more as a portable set :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #789 of 931

Nah.  I've listened to the Momentum 1.0 as I said before.  Only found them decent at-best, and hated their lack of soundstage.  I like my Sony MDR-1A much, much more as a portable set :)

Beauty is in the eye/ear of the beholder.  Ya buy your ticket and you take your ride.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #790 of 931
I find them to sound good enough to be a closed companion to my HD600's and that says a lot about them. My only issue with them is ear pad size. The can at times be uncomfortable for long term listening. I just sold my M1 and am waiting for the M2 with bigger pads to arrive. If your using them on the go or have smaller ears they are hard to beat for the going prices. As always this is all subjective.

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #791 of 931
I find them to sound good enough to be a closed companion to my HD600's and that says a lot about them. My only issue with them is ear pad size. The can at times be uncomfortable for long term listening. I just sold my M1 and am waiting for the M2 with bigger pads to arrive. If your using them on the go or have smaller ears they are hard to beat for the going prices. As always this is all subjective.

Please share your impressions on the m2 vs m1 when they arrive.... Looking forward to read some more comparisons regarding the sound quality of both....

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #792 of 931
Please share your impressions on the m2 vs m1 when they arrive.... Looking forward to read some more comparisons regarding the sound quality of both....

Yeah, I want to know if they managed to improve on the crappy soundstage of the M1, haha.

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #793 of 931

Yeah, I want to know if they managed to improve on the crappy soundstage of the M1, haha.

Your just a bag full of sunshine ain't ya goody

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #794 of 931
The Sony MDR 1A that you have on your signature. Soundstage is all they have.

Boomy bass, unnatural sounding, bloated thin mids. 

The SE215, they don't have soundstage like at all. Stop trolling.

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #795 of 931
  The Sony MDR 1A that you have on your signature. Soundstage is all they have.

Boomy bass, unnatural sounding, bloated thin mids. 

The SE215, they don't have soundstage like at all. Stop trolling.

Actually, the MDR-1A's soundstage is artificial and unnatural as well! Literally have nothing going for them; My Panasonic RP-HTS600-S have better detail, MUCH cleaner and stronger bass, and a midrange that is smooth as silk; They can't hold a candle to the Momentums.
(yes, I used to own the Sony's until my rabbit chewed the cord)

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back