Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #496 of 931
Sort of, it could be a pair that somebody bought and returned but it works and looks like new. I dont see the deal if it comes with warranty. In a rare case that it breaks, they send you a new one in box.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #497 of 931
Has anyone tried the NewFantasia replacement cables? They look a little higher quality and the price is cheap. I want something sturdier than factory but really don't want to spend 100 plus on a cable

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #498 of 931
Has anyone tried the NewFantasia replacement cables? They look a little higher quality and the price is cheap. I want something sturdier than factory but really don't want to spend 100 plus on a cable

Hi hotbeef--

Yes, I have the $25 black and red ones. They are much sturdier and look great with the black momentums. I detect no difference between these and the stock cables.

I also had them with my hd598s, and they worked great with no issues.

Def recommend.

They also sell an ~$50 white and silver cable. I always wondered if they were any better.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #499 of 931
Hi hotbeef--

Yes, I have the $25 black and red ones. They are much sturdier and look great with the black momentums. I detect no difference between these and the stock cables.

I also had them with my hd598s, and they worked great with no issues.

Def recommend.

They also sell an ~$50 white and silver cable. I always wondered if they were any better.

Thanks for the reply! Very curious about that 50 dollar one as well. I may spring for the cheaper one. I love the sound of the headphones and aren't even really looking for an altered sound, just kinda wanted a heavier duty cable. Out of curiosity, how long did your cable take to arrive? On amazon, NewFantasia's page says 10-22 working days

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #500 of 931
Thanks for the reply! Very curious about that 50 dollar one as well. I may spring for the cheaper one. I love the sound of the headphones and aren't even really looking for an altered sound, just kinda wanted a heavier duty cable. Out of curiosity, how long did your cable take to arrive? On amazon, NewFantasia's page says 10-22 working days

@shuto77 Yep, totally agree.Amazing cables, sound is not changed in any meaningful way that I could distinguish.

@hotbeef Delivery was definitively faster than the time they mentioned. However, maybe I was just lucky and everything was in stock. The cable is great and I really love the Momentum with it. it looks great, is VERY sturdy and has great connectors.

Am sure you will like it.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #501 of 931

It was 10 days the first time, and 10 or 11 the second time. I'm in NJ, btw.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #503 of 931
For those interested, Sennheiser Outlet is selling Over Ear Momentums in "like-new" condition for $169.96 with free shipping through Monday night. Use code MOE169.

Seems like a great deal so I picked up a pair.

Credit goes to this Slickdeals thread. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #504 of 931
So, I had to laugh. I was curious how the Momentum on ear sounded vs the UE 6000, so I started doing some checking. I came across a vs site that had no clue what they were talking about. Some of the reasons it claimed the momentum was worse is it didn't offer stereo sound, didn't have a detachable cable or was usable as a headset. It also claimed it only had a sensitivity of 12dB.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #505 of 931
So, I had to laugh. I was curious how the Momentum on ear sounded vs the UE 6000, so I started doing some checking. I came across a vs site that had no clue what they were talking about. Some of the reasons it claimed the momentum was worse is it didn't offer stereo sound, didn't have a detachable cable or was usable as a headset. It also claimed it only had a sensitivity of 12dB.

If it isn't Head-fi, I usually laugh. :p

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #506 of 931

This planet: I don't want to live on it anymore.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #507 of 931
I got another chance to try the Momentum Over ear and I really like the sound but I'm not sure about the fit, I was just wondering if there was a headphone with a sound thats kind of a mix of the V moda M100 and thr Momentums Over. I guess I like the bass of the M100's but the clarity of the Momentums. My budget is $320 AUD, I like the M100 but i've heard the the speakers may blow out after a few months and thats a downer cos you would be spending $310-$400 dollars on headphones that last on 6 months. Yes It might be a small chance of it happening but I don't want to risk it. So if anyone knows headphones that have a sound signature like the M100 but with better clarity could you please let me know. I was looking at the Sennheiser Hd8 DJ but the price is a bit high but i'm kinda want a sound similar to them or should I just go for the Momentums they just fit my ears and I tested them out for 20 minutes and they felt fine. What I mainly listen to is EDM(Harder Kind) and rap and a bit of the Prodigy so do you think thr Momentum would be good or should I go for something else?

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #508 of 931
I got another chance to try the Momentum Over ear and I really like the sound but I'm not sure about the fit, I was just wondering if there was a headphone with a sound thats kind of a mix of the V moda M100 and thr Momentums Over. I guess I like the bass of the M100's but the clarity of the Momentums. My budget is $320 AUD, I like the M100 but i've heard the the speakers may blow out after a few months and thats a downer cos you would be spending $310-$400 dollars on headphones that last on 6 months. Yes It might be a small chance of it happening but I don't want to risk it. So if anyone knows headphones that have a sound signature like the M100 but with better clarity could you please let me know. I was looking at the Sennheiser Hd8 DJ but the price is a bit high but i'm kinda want a sound similar to them or should I just go for the Momentums they just fit my ears and I tested them out for 20 minutes and they felt fine. What I mainly listen to is EDM(Harder Kind) and rap and a bit of the Prodigy so do you think thr Momentum would be good or should I go for something else?

Maybe a hd25 aluminium.... But they are on ear.... It seems the bass response is much fuller on the hd25 and amperior and also they are even more clear than the over ear momenttums. I never had or tried the hd25 aluminium, but i do have a original hd25 and i had the over ear momentums more than once and sold them all due to fit and seal issues. I loved the sound but the fit and defective seal and consequentley defective bass response everytime i turned my head screwd everything.... But they do sound amazing.... Specially at home, for outside use the bass on the over ear momentums becomes a bit discrete.... Imo of course...

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #509 of 931

Maybe a hd25 aluminium.... But they are on ear.... It seems the bass response is much fuller on the hd25 and amperior and also they are even more clear than the over ear momenttums. I never had or tried the hd25 aluminium, but i do have a original hd25 and i had the over ear momentums more than once and sold them all due to fit and seal issues. I loved the sound but the fit and defective seal and consequentley defective bass response everytime i turned my head screwd everything.... But they do sound amazing.... Specially at home, for outside use the bass on the over ear momentums becomes a bit discrete.... Imo of course...

HD7 DJ, can bad had for around $229-$269, but are not the clearest sounding. But if EDM and rap is all you listen to I'd say go for it. Don't be afraid of buying the M-100's, really the drivers rarely fail on headphones. People are more likely to complain rather than say positive things when they put reviews on the internet. '

ALL Headphones have a chance of failing. Remember they have warranty for a reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back