Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jun 13, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #466 of 931
I seem to recall you mentioning your Momentums opening up after some time. I've just picked up a pair and I was curious as to how you felt they change and roughly how much burn in they need?

bump about burning the momentum, do they improve ?

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #467 of 931
  Interesting.

I honestly didn't notice a difference on my friends amp.

That is totally possible. Depends on the source and how it is amped (the headphone out). Some sources benefit more than others from amping. What is your friends amp and what are you comparing it to?

Cheers,
K

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #468 of 931
I have all three over ear Momentums, and they all sound the same. I think if you use the Momentum every day for a week or so, they will be sufficiently broken in.

I like the soundstage on the momentum, but it sounds wider when connected to higher quality equipment, no question. I do not think it becomes wider with longer usage, but when you connect it to more powerful hi-fi components. I love doing that because it's like falling in love with my headphones all over again. But practically speaking I use my momentums mostly when I am walking around.

I created several audiophile pop rock playlists on Spotify and my momentum sounds really good with those.

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #469 of 931
It's a shame what kind of abused headphones are on display. The momentum on ear have lovely bass and certainly not too less, so yep, yours must have been dodgy.

+1 The MOE have craploads of bass, so much so I went with a balanced eq setting to tame it down. Never bloated or muddy, simply marvellous!

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #470 of 931
How much clarity do these have compared to the V moda M-100, and if EQ the bass to high levels will they distort or do they handle it well? I've tested these out before and love the natural and smooth sound they have and the bass they have is perfect. I'm just wondering if I can EQ the bass and if they will hold up well so whenever I want a little bit more I know I can Eq them with no problem

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #471 of 931
How much clarity do these have compared to the V moda M-100, and if EQ the bass to high levels will they distort or do they handle it well? I've tested these out before and love the natural and smooth sound they have and the bass they have is perfect. I'm just wondering if I can EQ the bass and if they will hold up well so whenever I want a little bit more I know I can Eq them with no problem

I only had the Momentums for a couple of weeks, and I think they are a much more neutral sounding headphone compared to the M-100. There's still a lot of bass, just not as much as the M-100. Momentums had a better soundstage. Vocals sounded better on the Momentum. I really liked the sound of the Momentums, but couldn't keep them because they weren't comfortable. The M-100 is so much more comfortable, and more portable as well, since it folds up. Portability was my main reason for buying a closed back headphone. I never tried to EQ the bass. Hope this helps.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #474 of 931
Sound-wise, the Momentum was better. If you like bass alot, then I would say M-100 since it has stronger bass. But to my ears, the Momentum wins in every other category compared to the M-100.
Sweet I don't like to much bass I prefer a over all balanced sound and I prefer how the Momentums look so I'll go with the Momentums :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back