Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #391 of 931
See the attached. Momentum Over Ear Toro Rosso edition with HD448. While they are significantly smaller, the comfort is still amazingly good (for me, and I have large ears). They are so soft and lie semi-on-ear on your ears and seal very well.

Thx alot for takring the pictures. Comfort was my main concern with the beacause they are kinda small. Thx for the info. Probably still going to buy them

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #392 of 931
Thx alot for takring the pictures. Comfort was my main concern with the beacause they are kinda small. Thx for the info. Probably still going to buy them

Welcome. I think you will not regret it. They sound extremely good and I start to like their size a lot.

Cheers,
K

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #397 of 931
Just bought the ivory momentum's. I love them, they sound better then the amperiors I had. :D

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #399 of 931
I've bought Meridian Explorer today and they sound absolutely amazing with Sennheiser Momentums.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #400 of 931
I have tried the over ear version in the past, and thought it was amazing sounding, I almost bought it when they first came out, but decided to go with the Hifiman HE-400 instead.  Yesterday while out on errands, I saw a pair of the on-ear that you could try at best buy, and figured I'd give it a listen.  MAN...  that thing had no bass.  Zero!  I'd imagine it was a highly abused pair that in no way was indicative of how they actually sound, but it was a sad thing to hear.  With prices on used pairs of over ears coming down quite a bit, I'm pretty sure I'd never go the on ear route unless I just really had to have a specific color which wasn't available in on ear.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #401 of 931
I have tried the over ear version in the past, and thought it was amazing sounding, I almost bought it when they first came out, but decided to go with the Hifiman HE-400 instead.  Yesterday while out on errands, I saw a pair of the on-ear that you could try at best buy, and figured I'd give it a listen.  MAN...  that thing had no bass.  Zero!  I'd imagine it was a highly abused pair that in no way was indicative of how they actually sound, but it was a sad thing to hear.  With prices on used pairs of over ears coming down quite a bit, I'm pretty sure I'd never go the on ear route unless I just really had to have a specific color which wasn't available in on ear.

It's a shame what kind of abused headphones are on display. The momentum on ear have lovely bass and certainly not too less, so yep, yours must have been dodgy.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #403 of 931

No, but I have this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H7UNVUM/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which looks pretty similar. I don't have the feeling it upgraded the sound, pretty much the same as before to be honest - but the cable is much sturdier and resilient, I like using this cable much more than the stock cable as I have the feeling it can take much more abuse. Love the metal connectors.

Cheers,
K

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #404 of 931
Thank you very much for the answer.

It's definitely the same cable. I wasn't expecting a sound upgrade to be honest as this a feature of products of a completely different price tag.

Perhaps I should give this a try.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back