Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jul 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #541 of 931
If Momentums XL were a real thing...
I still don't know what they were thinking with the size of the regular ones. In terms of style and build quality, I completely agree. It's just that no matter how good a headphone looks or sounds, if you can't get it to fit properly and comfortably, then there's really nothing you can do about it.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #542 of 931
My wife and I feel that the Momentum fits fine. She wore them for hours today listening to a book. No one I have ever lent them to has complained about the comfort.

I think if you wear glasses, the Momentum can press against the arms and cause pain. I wear contact lenses most of the time, so this hasn't really been an issue for me.

But if you do not wear glasses, I am not sure what makes the Momentum ergonomically different than other headphones that size or smaller. Beats solo HD's are way more uncomfortable. Even their studios are more uncomfortable.

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #543 of 931
I wear glasses and have no comfort issues. Not the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn, but I can easily wear Momentums for a few hours. MOEs were a lot more uncomfortable, my ears would get stingy after an hour or so. I guess it's individual.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #546 of 931
Around ear would have made more sense, or at least avoiding the abbreviation that could reasonably refer to either model.

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #547 of 931
  I wear glasses and have no comfort issues. Not the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn, but I can easily wear Momentums for a few hours. MOEs were a lot more uncomfortable, my ears would get stingy after an hour or so. I guess it's individual.

I agree. The pads perfectly mould themselves around the arms and I feel zero discomfort. One thing I did find though is that after a long listening session the tips of the arms left imprints in the pads that literally stayed there a week Odd. And ya, the MOE are definitely more strenuous on the ears with glasses. Fantastic sound but I had to upgrade to the Momentums because the MOE caused too much glasses pain after about an hour. That said, nothing beats the HD598 for comfort. 
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #548 of 931

I love the oe momentum but unfortunately they did not mdo ot for me..... The average male year is about 65mm in height, i got to the stupoid point of measuring mine and i have 67 mm ears wich is not that big.... I had 3 different pairs of momentum, none of them fitted properly and after about 5 minutes i had to readjust the pads every minute because the fit did not feel right, seal was afected everytime i turned my head and the the amazing sound experience got screwed because the fit and constant readjusting just ended ip distracting me from my music....

My 3 pairs were not constant trades on the same store.... Each pair i had i sold them myself and i loved the sound so much that i bothered to the point of buying and selling 2 more momentums, i could have just quited at the first try but thats just how much i loved the sound....

I think i tried reeeeeeally hard and no one can call me a whiner.... I have a hd25 and although the clamp is very high i love them and ihave kept them because i can handle it due to the amazing sound they produce and i am even thinking of buying a amperior although they are not yhe most confortable headphones in the world.... Whiner??? Pff......

V moda has bigger pads.... I know that the materials on the over ear momentums are expensive but i am sure that many people like me would return to the over ear momentums right away if the re was the possibility of adding bigger pads...

Cheers...

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #549 of 931
I love the oe momentum but unfortunately they did not mdo ot for me..... The average male year is about 65mm in height, i got to the stupoid point of measuring mine and i have 67 mm ears wich is not that big.... I had 3 different pairs of momentum, none of them fitted properly and after about 5 minutes i had to readjust the pads every minute because the fit did not feel right, seal was afected everytime i turned my head and the the amazing sound experience got screwed because the fit and constant readjusting just ended ip distracting me from my music....

My 3 pairs were not constant trades on the same store.... Each pair i had i sold them myself and i loved the sound so much that i bothered to the point of buying and selling 2 more momentums, i could have just quited at the first try but thats just how much i loved the sound....

I think i tried reeeeeeally hard and no one can call me a whiner.... I have a hd25 and although the clamp is very high i love them and ihave kept them because i can handle it due to the amazing sound they produce and i am even thinking of buying a amperior although they are not yhe most confortable headphones in the world.... Whiner??? Pff......

V moda has bigger pads.... I know that the materials on the over ear momentums are expensive but i am sure that many people like me would return to the over ear momentums right away if the re was the possibility of adding bigger pads...

Cheers...

Point noted, Pedro. We've received such feedback before and I believe our product manager is currently looking into this. I'll put up a post as soon as I have more info to share. 

Cheers!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 31, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #550 of 931
Point noted, Pedro. We've received such feedback before and I believe our product manager is currently looking into this. I'll put up a post as soon as I have more info to share. 

Cheers!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Thank u very much rosmadi. :)

I know it will probably change the design of the headphone a bit but the pads dont need to be humongous as well, just a tad bigger. What really needs work is the holes for the year and i think even the original pads have space to had 1 or 1,5 cm to the diameter of the ear hole.
I know i keep refering to the v modas xl pads... I never had a v moda and i am simply stating what i see on photos, but val colton seems to have managed a way to make great xl pads that provide bigger confort without sacrificing either the sound and the design of their headphones.
If u guys could pull something like this not only it would be amazing for everyone but i am sure u guys would win a lot of new buyers and regain old ones.

But just by curiosity, why do you guys think major headphones like the focals, the b&ws, the v modas all went for smaller than average pads? Is the any benefit on that type of pad or is it just for maximum portability?

Cheers

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #551 of 931
I think the Amperior is much less comfortable than the Momentum. They hurt my ears. I really had to play around with the headband to achieve a passably tolerable. But the sound is wonderful. More aggressive and forward then I would normally listen to. I definitely prefer a more laid-back signature. But it is a wonderful sound, super high resolution for a portable.

The Momentum doesn't completely surround my ear like the HD 600, but I still think it sounds great.

The HD 598 is probably the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn, along with the HD 558.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #553 of 931
Not everyone likes it, but I think the HD 598 is about as good as I've ever heard a headphone sound without an amplifier or a DAC

Straight from an ipod or iphone?

Dont get me wrong pastor, o really love the momentums and i even go further and i will say that they are the best headphone i ever tried, to me even better than the hd598 (for my preferences of course). If bigs are released i will the first in line to buy what will be my 4th pair of sennheiser momentums.... :-D

Now that we are talking about the amperior, i know its not the right topic but let me just take this out of the way.... For a guy who has a hd25 are the amperiors a nice upgrade? I listen mostly to indie, pop, rock and edm. What i would mostly like would be just a tiny bit more rumble on the bass, a bit more stage so that it dindnt sound as confined as the hd25 and comfier pads.... I use the pleather ones and sometimes i can feel the drivers on my ears.... :-D

Do you guys thinl i would get what i want with the amperior?

Cheers

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #554 of 931
Hi Pedro, I should clarify. Not out of an iPod touch fourth-generation or an ipod classic. But out of an iPod touch fifth-generation. To me, the fifth GEN iPod touch sounds better than any other iPod I have ever heard, with well recorded tracks.

I have never heard the HD 25. But I was impressed with the high fidelity sound of the Amperior. I do not think I have ever heard a headphone get so loud on an iPod as this Amperior. But the mid range was very aggressive and fast and forward. Great for rock 'n roll, but fatiguing after a while, and not very good for classical music. Not a good all arounder. More for rock.

To me, the Momentum is the better all arounder, even though they can sometimes be a tad warm.

Tomorrow I get the HD 650. I will have the 600 and the 650 for home stereo use, the HD 598 for classical and movies and pop music on the iPod touch fifth-generation, and the Momentum for on the go.

I use a Panasonic HPTX 7 for cutting the lawn :)

I keep a Noontec Zoro HD in the car at all times for when I go to the park. Its cable can substitute as an auxiliary cable connecting my iPod to the car.

My wife likes the HD 598 better than all my headphones, with the Panasonic and Momentum tied for second. She uses the Panasonic when she exercises, and the momentum for listening to books.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #555 of 931
Now thats a lot pf headphones. :-D
I had a couple but not that much, only had stuff like the cals, hd25, v6, mdr 1r, ath m50 and the momentums. I have tried the hd518,558 and 598. I did like the mids and treble on the hd598 a lot but those are not for me because i like thr type of sound that the amperiors/hd25s and the momentums have. The momentntums are laidback but if you throw them edm, although a bit slow they will still be a lot of fun and punchy and thats why i really like them, they do everything well. To me the hd25s\amperiors and the momentums are the perfect complement to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back