Sennheiser Momentum IE vs. Shure SE215?
Apr 26, 2016 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fai9al023

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for in ears that I'll be wearing almost everywhere I go. The Momentum and the SE215 are the final two I want to choose from, but I'm not sure which of these is the perfect choice. I listen to a bit of everything, but mostly Monstercat tracks = a lot of bass. I like how the Momentums are compact, but I also like the design of the SE215s. What would you say is the all-round better choice?

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Not so fast. They are really pretty different soundwise. Personally, I am a little sensitive to sibilance and brighter sounding IEMs and speakers, and so I would personally stay away from the sennheiser IEMs. However, the SE215s might be too warm for others - some people want  that bright popping trebble. Anyways - for my taste, the se215s are hard to beat. They are very clear and sound fantastic.

I would also say that initially the se215s were not very comfortable, but eventually my ears got used to them and they fit like a glove now.

So basically I disagree with both points made by poster #2.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Not so fast. They are really pretty different soundwise. Personally, I am a little sensitive to sibilance and brighter sounding IEMs and speakers, and so I would personally stay away from the sennheiser IEMs. However, the SE215s might be too warm for others - some people want  that bright popping trebble. Anyways - for my taste, the se215s are hard to beat. They are very clear and sound fantastic.

I would also say that initially the se215s were not very comfortable, but eventually my ears got used to them and they fit like a glove now.

So basically I disagree with both points made by poster #2.

Thanks for the input! I decided to go for the SE215, I'll give you my review a week after I receive them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back