Sennheiser Momentum for FPS gaming?
Dec 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lttlfld

Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of 598's and am immediately in love with them. The only issue is I travel a lot. I tried on some Momentums at the store and am not nearly skilled enough to determine my preference in 5 minutes of listening. I also only had my iPod, so I didn't get to try them with any games (obviously I didn't bring my laptop with me...). Has anyone tried these for gaming? They seem FAR more portable than the 598s.

Thanks!

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
I own both the Momentum and the HD558 (which is very similar to the 598) and I personally feel that the 558 is far more suited for watching movies and playing games than the Momentum.

The 558 (and thus also the 598) have a far more spatial sound field than the Momentums do, which causes them to sound more lifelike when used for games and movies. This is partly due to Sennheiser's E.A.R. technology, but also due to the simple fact that they are open headphones, while the Momentum has a closed design.

If portability is an issue, you might consider a case for your HD598s. They sell them relatively cheap on eBay and these cases are about equal in size to the Momentum's case (the Momentum isn't the kind of headphone you just throw in your bag).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back