Sennheiser Momentum for College???
Jun 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LilVivi

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm new to Head-Fi and I was just wondering if I should get the Sennheiser Momentums for college this fall. I don't know if an open back headphone will leak too much noise and disturb my roommate so I want to go on the safe side and get something closed unless someone can tell me it wont be a problem. Also, I have a little more than $200 in Apple Store gift cards so it would be best if I got something from there. Also, are the Bose QC-15 a viable option? I know those things use a lot of batteries. I will be flying home, but not too often and its not a long flight (~2hrs).
Thanks for the help.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm new to Head-Fi and I was just wondering if I should get the Sennheiser Momentums for college this fall. I don't know if an open back headphone will leak too much noise and disturb my roommate so I want to go on the safe side and get something closed unless someone can tell me it wont be a problem. Also, I have a little more than $200 in Apple Store gift cards so it would be best if I got something from there. Also, are the Bose QC-15 a viable option? I know those things use a lot of batteries. I will be flying home, but not too often and its not a long flight (~2hrs).
Thanks for the help.

Momentum actually isolates well, so it'd be fine for flights. Also, open back headphones do disturb your roommate. My roommate complained, so I had to get a closed back. Momentums are a good option. DT1350 is also very good, if you want something with better sound and isolation.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Thanks. I was just wondering, are the sennheisers are good for the price (considering I'll be paying $200 in gift cards I can use for nothing else)?

Yes, they're really worth it. If I had to go for something more profitable only the Shure SRH940 comes to my mind (but its not quite portable one and a bit more bright). You can also consider the Sony MDR-1R as a cheaper option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back