Sennheiser Momentum After Market Cables
Aug 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dabtpa

100+ Head-Fier
I am a big fan of Sennheiser and own three of their phones, but they seem to be making very small/inexpensive cables. Now I have to be fair, I have never broken one. However, I have so many headphones, I don't put allot of wear and tear on any one model. I just got my new Momentums which are great and use a neat "proprietary" plug and twist 3.5 mm male at the earpiece. But once again, the plugs and cable are not to the build quality of the rest of the product. I went online and found one supplier on eBay (item #310868241461) that builds cables (no esoteric brands) for the Momentums. I got the cable today, a 10 m fabric wrapped one with a dual plug on the component end. I could not be more satisfied. I am now ordering a 1.2 m length one for my portables. I wish low to mid fi headphone manufacturers would do 2 things: 1. Build better cables and include two with the phones - one for normal receiver listening and one with a mic for portable use. 2. Include a hard shell case because even portables get banged around enough that soft shell cases do not always protect them. A few companies do this, but not the Big 4. Come on guys. It will cost pennies. At the very least, offer them as inexpensive accessories for us to buy. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 2
The HD5x8ShortCable fits Momentums, either version, and a few other non-Senn headphones.  Momentums, HD380, and HD5x8 use 2.5mm plugs on the headphone end, actually.  The contacts are just a bit smaller than standard 3.5mm plugs if you look closely.

I am a big fan of Sennheiser and own three of their phones, but they seem to be making very small/inexpensive cables. Now I have to be fair, I have never broken one. However, I have so many headphones, I don't put allot of wear and tear on any one model. I just got my new Momentums which are great and use a neat "proprietary" plug and twist 3.5 mm male at the earpiece. But once again, the plugs and cable are not to the build quality of the rest of the product. I went online and found one supplier on eBay (item #310868241461) that builds cables (no esoteric brands) for the Momentums. I got the cable today, a 10 m fabric wrapped one with a dual plug on the component end. I could not be more satisfied. I am now ordering a 1.2 m length one for my portables. I wish low to mid fi headphone manufacturers would do 2 things: 1. Build better cables and include two with the phones - one for normal receiver listening and one with a mic for portable use. 2. Include a hard shell case because even portables get banged around enough that soft shell cases do not always protect them. A few companies do this, but not the Big 4. Come on guys. It will cost pennies. At the very least, offer them as inexpensive accessories for us to buy. 

Fun tidbit:
You should check out the cost of official replacement cables for the Momentum from Sennheiser.  =X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back