Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT bluetooth connection failure
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GumbyDammit223

500+ Head-Fier
Greetings:

I know this is an old topic, but I need to resurrect it because of my latest problem. I've had these headphones for a couple years and use them on my two work computers. Initially, they connected to both computers with only minor issues. The computers found 4-6 different "Bluetooth devices" and would install drivers for all but one of the "devices". I have generic USB Bluetooth dongles I purchased from Amazon that have never been problematic. Both computers run Win7 Pro and have all the current windoze updates per corporate IT policy.

Until fairly recently (like within the last month), the headphones have always paired without major issues. Recently is a different story. When I tried to pair them with my desk computer, they would not pair. In the past when this happened, I simply removed the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the computer, for a new pairing and life was good. Not this time. This time, after the computer finds the headphones and goes out to find drivers, the POS windoze update identifies more "Bluetooth devices" but WILL NOT find any drivers for those "devices"!

I've tried removing any and all Bluetooth drivers I could find that were installed and allowing new installations, but nothing works. I contacted Sennheiser customer support to ask about the problem and said to connect them with the supplied cable. Um, yeah, right. I buy an expensive pair of WIRELESS noise cancelling headphones only to be able to use them while tethered to my computer by a wire? Um, I think not!

I've tried restoring the computer to an earlier time, but no setpoints are available prior to the headphone connection becoming corrupted.

Does anybody have a suggestion in how I might be able to get these headphones working again wirelessly? I can still use them in the lab, but not at my desk. I really don't want to buy another pair of headphones only to use at my desk! Thanks!

PS. Even though both computers are Dells and are running Win7 Pro, there are enough differences that the drivers are different. I'm using the same USB dongle on both computers, but the driver signatures are different, so copying drivers from one computer to the other won't work. **sigh**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back