Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (wired)
Jul 8, 2019 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

israelregardie

New Head-Fier
My beloved Marshall Major I officially died some time ago and I am in desperate need of new headphones. Somone mentioned Sennheiser Momentum. It seems the original isnt available locally, but the Momentum 2.0 are, at a fair price.
Are these any good if I loved the sound of the Marshall Major I's? A lot of different opinions around so I'm worried. Would I be happy with them if I thought the Marshall Major I's changed my life and appreciation of music (I tried the Major III and they sounded awful to me, but they might have been faulty).

I'd really appreciate some help here.

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Sorry, I haven't heard any of those headphones, so I don't have an answer.

You might try asking in the introductions and help forum. Might get more bites on your question there.
Also, this is the full-sized forum...I don't know if the portables forum might have more answers.

Also, if you can, describe what you liked so much about the Major I and what you disliked about the Major III. In order to help people will also want to know what sorts of music you like and your budget.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 5
Sorry, I haven't heard any of those headphones, so I don't have an answer.

You might try asking in the introductions and help forum. Might get more bites on your question there.
Also, this is the full-sized forum...I don't know if the portables forum might have more answers.

Also, if you can, describe what you liked so much about the Major I and what you disliked about the Major III. In order to help people will also want to know what sorts of music you like and your budget.

Thanks for your reply. I was in a hurry and just needed some confirmation that the Sennheiser werent sub-par. Someone recommended them somewhere else and then left, so just needed confirmation. I've ordered them now anyway, so too late :) Hopefully they're good. They should be, I mean, they're Sennheiser. Right? Or maybe I just have a irrational idea based in the foreign-sounding name...

Have you tried the Majors? Or the Sennheisers? I loved the first Majors because the sound was beyond belief, bassy but not over-bearing and so complex. I listen to indie, mostly, a lot of low-fi stuff, which is weird, but actually good headphones helps even with low-fi as every hiss and crackle sounds better.
And jazz and classical.

Anyway, I'll find out soon enough how good they are. And the price, $115 was good. Thanks, at least someone replied :wink:

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm assuming this thread is dead, but: I got the Senneheiser and they are good, however, like the Major III the sound is not what I wanted. I'll keep them and use them, in time I'll get used to the sound profile, but it seems to me now that this is the standard. It's more trebly than the Major I's, not just bass, but the sound profile on the Sennheisers and the Major III seems more tinny, to my untrained ears. YES the sound is much more complex, more rich, but it sounds colder and more distant. Am I crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back